Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coldest winter in 100 years on its way!
18 November 2012, 19:10,
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way!
(18 November 2012, 12:00)Highlander Wrote: We both drive for a living in this house I do about 150 miles a day, and the wifes job involves quiet a bit of off roading [ forrestry tracks ],..and we have to be out every day, we are not allowed snow chains [ although I have been known to use them,.. who would know that far away ]... the wife at least has a 4x4 to use, but often I have seen her pushing snow with her bumper

Tarrel made a good post about the `wrong sort of snow`,... when `Sandy` was being reported on, I watched an American reporter talking about the snow conditions, and he scraped away some of the snow,..and said something like... ` and look at this under the snow, its really wet, extreamly dangerous, its not normal, I was having troble walking , we left the car and walked here`

he was talking about the snow condition we get as normal

Another example, does anyone watch the telly series `Ice road truckers`,.. they are great snow drivers, but they couldnt do what they do Alaska,... in the uk

I have experience in driveing in Norway when I was in the army, and its not half as bad here, its colder, and the ice that forms within the snow hold a lot of grip

We have the wrong sort of snow....lol

Spot on!

I've found driving in Switzerland, Austria, or even France, can be easier than the UK roads!!! And that's without snow haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
Coldest winter in 100 years on its way! - by bigpaul - 17 November 2012, 14:22
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way! - by IB1 - 17 November 2012, 15:56
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way! - by IB1 - 17 November 2012, 23:09
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way! - by Paul - 18 November 2012, 16:21
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way! - by Scythe13 - 18 November 2012, 19:10
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way! - by BDG - 19 November 2012, 13:36
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way! - by BDG - 19 November 2012, 14:20