Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coldest winter in 100 years on its way!
19 November 2012, 10:54, (This post was last modified: 19 November 2012, 11:06 by Prepper1.)
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way!
As an add on to my earlier reply on the main site saying that I'd seen several articles saying that were living in a warm period between ice ages... here's a reply of some dude off another site here http://poorrichards-blog.blogspot.fr/201...r-one.html

"The archealogical records shows a periodic ice age every 12000 years like clock work. We are due for the next one, it has been about 12000 year ago since the last one."

Maybe its worth us all researching that one a bit more because if we are heading each year towards the next ice age, with each year getting colder, its definitely something we could devote a portion of the site to.
Maybe if we could all do our separate research on the subject, obviously subject to time constraints etc.. that way we may get a more balanced view... you know whats the coldest weather we can expect in an ice age situation, adapting our preps to ice age living etc...
It just seems strange to me that they did say about 12000 or so years ago there was a great flood, maybe the last period of warming?
and the ice sheets receding? Hence the biblical flood, which was also reported in numerous other cultures...
Thats more or less when our history began as well with Göbekli Tepe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6bekli_Tepe

It has if I'm not mistaken been re dated to about 12000 years ago.

Controversially a program I watched ages ago dated the actual main body of the sphinx in Egypt to over 10 -12000 years ago.
This belonging to an ancient tribe from the area who worshiped lions.

obviously the head was added later as you can see by the newer stone.
The stone apparently shows signs of water damage from copious amounts of water washing it away many thousands of years ago.

this is conjecture about all the dating but many coincidences I'm sure you'll agree, maybe they're nothing but maybe if we are indeed heading for a new Ice age we should perhaps devote some time at least to discussing our options at least, because we havent really discussed long term Ice ige living anyway, so maybe nows the time...

I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...

Messages In This Thread
Coldest winter in 100 years on its way! - by bigpaul - 17 November 2012, 14:22
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way! - by IB1 - 17 November 2012, 15:56
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way! - by IB1 - 17 November 2012, 23:09
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way! - by Paul - 18 November 2012, 16:21
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way! - by Prepper1 - 19 November 2012, 10:54
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way! - by BDG - 19 November 2012, 13:36
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way! - by BDG - 19 November 2012, 14:20