Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coldest winter in 100 years on its way!
19 November 2012, 14:32, (This post was last modified: 19 November 2012, 14:36 by Tarrel.)
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way!
Doesn't really matter who or what is causing it, from a prepping point of view, it's dealing with the outcome that's important.
(19 November 2012, 14:31)NorthernRaider Wrote: I believe humanity is detroying its environment and polluting the air and water, Its wiping out forsests etc and creating deserts but I dont believe we are having any noticable effect on the climate on a glabal scale. One volcanic eruption of the ...... Bugger I've forgotten which type of eruption it is Pelian?, Vulcan? Krakatoan ? anyway of of the types of eruption puts out more CO2 and Sulpher dioxide in a couple of weeks than humans can put out in decades.

Lets not forget people that geologists, paleologists and climatologists are still trying to factor in so many unknown variables such as the wobble on earths axis and how it can affect the formation / disintegration of ice sheets.

The climate does not phase or bother me at all, but 7 billion dickheads pouring millions of tons of plastic into the oceans each year scares me rigid. In the mid Pacific there is now a floating mass of discarded plastic the size of Texas and its slowly poisoning the ocean around it. Theres a smaller one in the Atlantic I believe. Once we have finished over fishing and poisoning the seas its game over for humanity and most other life forms cept anaerobic bacteria

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pacific_Garbage_Patch

Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.

Messages In This Thread
Coldest winter in 100 years on its way! - by bigpaul - 17 November 2012, 14:22
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way! - by IB1 - 17 November 2012, 15:56
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way! - by IB1 - 17 November 2012, 23:09
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way! - by Paul - 18 November 2012, 16:21
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way! - by BDG - 19 November 2012, 13:36
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way! - by BDG - 19 November 2012, 14:20
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way! - by Tarrel - 19 November 2012, 14:32