Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coldest winter in 100 years on its way!
19 November 2012, 14:36,
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way!
Prepping for the outcome is definitely a good idea, but helping try stop it is probably a good idea as well. I think the prepper mentality is great, but sometimes it is better to try prevent certain events, if possible so that we won't have to face certain events.

I don't want to be eating mutated sea life because of people polluting the place, especially post SHTF. Deformed and contaminated animals and food sources are bad now and after SHTF
Failure is always an option.
19 November 2012, 14:37,
I blaim all these people moving to the top of Scotland, Canada, Alaska, the Aleutions, Hebrides, Sheltlands etc , its them warming the pole up Smile

19 November 2012, 14:38,
(19 November 2012, 14:37)NorthernRaider Wrote: I blaim all these people moving to the top of Scotland, Canada, Alaska, the Aleutions, Hebrides, Sheltlands etc , its them warming the pole up Smile

I wish more people would move here, the warmth would be nice. What does it feel like again? Wink
Failure is always an option.
19 November 2012, 14:38, (This post was last modified: 19 November 2012, 14:39 by NorthernRaider.)
Best thing the world could do is to ban plastic unless its fully biodegradable and does not release sex changing hormones into the environment as they break down.
(19 November 2012, 14:38)Neuralsandwich Wrote:
(19 November 2012, 14:37)NorthernRaider Wrote: I blaim all these people moving to the top of Scotland, Canada, Alaska, the Aleutions, Hebrides, Sheltlands etc , its them warming the pole up Smile

I wish more people would move here, the warmth would be nice. What does it feel like again? Wink

Warmth in Co Durham who knows its a myth Smile

19 November 2012, 14:41,

Economically, it's known as the "New North". I suppose that makes your neck of the woods the "New South", NR.Smile
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
19 November 2012, 14:41,
My old mate Oliver tried living in Scotland and Eire but could never fit into the communities, there was some hostility to his heritage, I said to his mum Mrs Cromwell that he appeared to have issues with living in those places Smile

19 November 2012, 14:43,
(19 November 2012, 14:36)Neuralsandwich Wrote: Prepping for the outcome is definitely a good idea, but helping try stop it is probably a good idea as well. I think the prepper mentality is great, but sometimes it is better to try prevent certain events, if possible so that we won't have to face certain events.

I don't want to be eating mutated sea life because of people polluting the place, especially post SHTF. Deformed and contaminated animals and food sources are bad now and after SHTF

Agreed, but I think it goes wrong when society gets bogged down in arguing whether it's man-made or not, and nothing gets doen about either the cause or the outcome.

Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
19 November 2012, 14:43,
(19 November 2012, 14:41)Tarrel Wrote:

Economically, it's known as the "New North". I suppose that makes your neck of the woods the "New South", NR.Smile

You could always get warm by burning the shale oil, frag gas and wind farm nimbies !! Smile

19 November 2012, 15:25,
(19 November 2012, 14:23)Skean Dhude Wrote: BP,

What is being said is that compared to other activities going on the 7 billion people are having a negligible effect on the climate. Consider that most of them don't have cars, central heating, TVs etc.

their having an effect just by breathing in and out, by having more and more babies, what about "slash and burn", cutting down the rain forests and all the other human activities.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.