Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long before fuel becomes 'unaffordable'
19 November 2012, 20:54,
RE: How long before fuel becomes 'unaffordable'
Get an old diesel you can run on other sources of fuel.
19 November 2012, 20:58,
mathmatics...av price of a pint £2.50 ...8 pints = i gal =£20.00 petrol 1 gal av £6.21 ....diesel 1 gal av £6.34......beer 78% water ... oil... you got to find it... you got to drill for it....you got to pump it out.....lay a pipe line....then pump it onto a ship....... ships sails around the world then pumped off and refined....tanker delivers it....you stick it in the tank.girly takes your money gives it tho the garage owner..... i wonder where the money go,s in beer sales......not that i go out for a pint anymore
19 November 2012, 21:15,
(19 November 2012, 18:31)Geordie_Rob Wrote: If it goes up beyond £1.60/ltr for unleaded, I won't be able to afford it. I'm already considering getting myself a 50cc moped, but splashing out a grand or so upfront for a decent 2nd hand one is another stumbling block.

Our fuel up here [ at the end of the Ardnamurch peninsular is already £1.63p for Diesol,... thats the cost when I fill my works van,...

Petrol is £1.40p in Fort William
A major part of survival is invisibility.
19 November 2012, 21:19,
its the price we pay the more remote we are highlander
19 November 2012, 21:31,
(19 November 2012, 21:15)Highlander Wrote:
(19 November 2012, 18:31)Geordie_Rob Wrote: If it goes up beyond £1.60/ltr for unleaded, I won't be able to afford it. I'm already considering getting myself a 50cc moped, but splashing out a grand or so upfront for a decent 2nd hand one is another stumbling block.

Our fuel up here [ at the end of the Ardnamurch peninsular is already £1.63p for Diesol,... thats the cost when I fill my works van,...

Reading that I actually swore. My sympathy mate. I just cut my car insurance cost £42 a month. It all goes in the tank.
19 November 2012, 22:00,
(19 November 2012, 21:19)Straight Shooter Wrote: its the price we pay the more remote we are highlander

Thats very true,.. mind you there are those that take advantage,... when we had the fuel shortage a few years back he raised his prices to £1.75,.. and left it there for ages after,...untill people started to Go across to the Isle of Mull, fill up and bring jerry cans back,.... he was forced to bring it down a bit then
A major part of survival is invisibility.
20 November 2012, 01:53,
(19 November 2012, 21:15)Highlander Wrote:

Holy ***t! £137.9 in Inverness. I thought £1.54 in Shetland was bad!

Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
20 November 2012, 08:20,
Taunton is rolling at £139.9 Diesel and £132.9ish for petrol.

Since diesel takes less refining and effort to process; Why the **** is it more expensive? Simple answer......TAX!!! Isn't that BOLLOCKS!!! It's such a retarded system.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
20 November 2012, 10:43,
I imagine TPTB may try to subsidise it and keep it barely affordable for as long as possible; not being able to afford enough fuels, even after cutting back massively, would be a pretty good catalyst for sheeple civil unrest.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
20 November 2012, 12:40,
I spend about £120 week on fuel just to get to work and back. But I do drive a 3 liter V6
The BOV cost even more to run as it had the same MPG but was diesel.

Better than getting the train to work though, that used to cost me £250 a week.