Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What type of fitness training will be the best?
7 December 2012, 00:22,
RE: What type of fitness training will be the best?
breathing in.... then .............out........that,l do it
7 December 2012, 00:43,
training partner? Likeminded souls often give us rhyme and reason to carry things out.
7 December 2012, 10:20, (This post was last modified: 7 December 2012, 10:21 by Scythe13.)
Hi BJM

That feeling you're having of getting going comes down to a natural law of physics. It takes more energy to get a body into motion that it does to keep it moving.

It's that first step that's the hardest!

But it's that first step that's the most rewarding.

One trick I learned, from training LOADS of people at uni, at home, at work, at the pub (not training in the pub, but people from the pub) and in loads of other situations.......photos.

If you want to stop eating that crap chocolate, stop buying it. But if the wife buys it, stick a photo of yourself up next to a photo of someone with a physique you admire, and then place both photos in the chocolate evil food cupboard. Place photos on the fridge door. Place them all over your bedroom walls (might seem very strange and gay, but it really motivates you to workout!).

Another trick, set a schedule, then stick to it. Watch a motivational video on youtube, just before your allotted time on the schedule.

One really good trick, if you're sat down, force yourself to stand up. That's the first step. Then you might as well work out.

When I was young, I learned that training at home didn't work for me. I was too easily distracted and put off. My solution was to join a gym. Being there allowed me to forget the outside world! The gym became my sanctuary. When I was in there, the world would shut down and there would just be me and the iron. No homework, no skateboard, no bikes, no friends knocking on the front door, no parents checking what that grunting from the garage was....no nothing. Just me and the gym.
Go back to the law of physics.

Once you get going, it's easier to keep going.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin