Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello from Co. Durham
23 December 2012, 17:36,
RE: Hello from Co. Durham
Hello Ferret, good to have another neighbour in the "area" Wink this is a great,if not the best forum on Prepping IMO.....everyone has their own ways on how it shud be done....but take what you need out of it and put into it what you want to...... got afew of us up north now....and personally found NRs experience and knowledge on survivalism truly great. RW
20 January 2013, 14:05,
Hi there ferret I am just over the border in south Northumberland.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
20 January 2013, 14:18,
hello and welcome from norfolkSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
20 January 2013, 21:14,
Yes hello from me too. I'm new as well.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
26 January 2013, 19:35,
Would be great to look at some sort of RV or Meet up for us NE members sometime?
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
26 January 2013, 22:11,
(26 January 2013, 19:35)Northumbriman Wrote: Would be great to look at some sort of RV or Meet up for us NE members sometime?

Good luck with that scheme in the last 5 years I've tried to organise 4 RVs open to all regional preppers, not one was succesful, This region even surpasses the south east for excuses as to why they cannot or will not attend a meeting. My only success has been with very small numbers in ones or twos in the NE apart from the local group meet of my own little group.
I get a steady trickle of vistors to my home from fellow preppers but few want to do a meet.

27 January 2013, 00:06,
I'm interested in meeting up but I'm just a bit cautious about it.......
Winter is coming
27 January 2013, 01:06,
We should meet up at an event not organised by us - some talk of meeting at one of the local auctions. That way it is a chance to say hi, see if you have any chemistry and so on rather than meeting someone somewhere and some chap talking about why after 30 years he has concluded that XYZ should be the everyday carry knife of everyone.

At least it gives a chance for people to have discussions or ask each other about things that just do not come up on here and see who is interested in what, gives others a chance to wander off and so on.

Meeting up only for meeting ups sake - well, I think a lot would rather meet up at an event that was not just about meeting up.

If people know what others want from a meet up - and more to the point, if people actually want to gain something from meeting - you would see more of it.

Geordie Rob and I were going to meet up a few weeks back, was hard to arrange and then your busy life gets in the way.

But we should do something soon.
27 January 2013, 10:57,
I suport the idea of RVs and meets cos when they are successful very often good bonds are made between some folks, BUT I am starting to become of the opinion that more people express an interest in an RV out of curiosity rather than practical prepping reasons. if money and time permits for example I would like to go to the WG again in August, and I already have been asked to meet up with someone in Taunton on the 8th of Sept, but I cannot afford to do both as its a 600 mile round trip each time and i have already done a few RVs in the south west.

27 January 2013, 11:15,
I would be up for meeting any "local" preppers....thats us North East bunch..maybe in a mutually convenient place like Durham City....Newcastle city centre or even the Metro centre as even though i dont like the place its warm and dry inside with plenty of places to go talk/coffee etc... still visit this site regular and just pm me if your interested....i too have a busy life,got kids and im a shift worker but think it cud be good to bounce prepping ideas off each other.you never know we might wanna meet up again !