Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello from Co. Durham
27 January 2013, 11:31,
RE: Hello from Co. Durham
Durham city is the Geographical center of our region as we have to consider folks from as far apart as Thirsk, Berwick, Alston etc, its also the easiest to access compared to the nightmare of Tyneside or Teesside, if an RV is likely you will need a quiet spot where if folks choose to bring "kit" to show others we will need a spot of privacy. TBH I never think pubs or cafes are a good place for RVs though they make be OK for the first " get to know you " meet.

27 January 2013, 12:17,
yes thats what i meant NR, just an initial meeting in a cafe etc...as i dont own a kappa shell suit or burberry cap......so i wud be easy to spot in the metro centre!!! but wudnt have to wear full cammo gear either lol...."i will be out side burger king , will have 8 hole doc martens on,black levi jeans, a Damned t shirt.....oh and a rifle crossbow on my back wearing a red carnation" Big Grin
27 January 2013, 12:20,
Theres me thinking we would all have to wear matching yellow crevats to recognize each other :p
27 January 2013, 12:27,
I only wear my cravat to hide my neck tattoos if i decide to go to my fave wine bar/nite klub !Wink
27 January 2013, 12:31,
Washington or Durham (bowburn) services both just off the motorway, both got cafes and expect folks to look like travellers? I used to love meeting preppers and CB fans at Burtree Truckstop years ago, good cheap grub and plenty of privacy.

27 January 2013, 14:59,
yes!!......great idea NR........any takers though ! ?
27 January 2013, 16:05,
i could maybe go for a wet some time
Winter is coming
27 January 2013, 17:13,
I dont drive so washington/durham services are a bit of a pain
27 January 2013, 17:54,
okay Metroyeti, fair say to you ...sometimes i wish i didnt drive !! got 2 lots of car tax due the end of this month !! somewhere near a "metro station" im guessing ! ? Wink is that manageable ?
27 January 2013, 18:10,
(27 January 2013, 17:13)Metroyeti Wrote: I dont drive so washington/durham services are a bit of a pain

Get yourself to Gateshead or Heworth metro, I will give you a lift. Most places sensible if heading down to Washington or Durham.