Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset gets 2nd one in a decade flood in 6 months
21 November 2012, 17:41,
Somerset gets 2nd one in a decade flood in 6 months
The local yokels are taking another pounding only 6 munfs after the last one. So glad I moved to a hilltop.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-20429051

21 November 2012, 17:52,
RE: Somerset gets 2nd one in a decade flood in 6 months
strange that I feel sad about that .... I was born in Taunton due my old man working down there but shortly after my parents moved back home to the NW, I must have been only a few weeks old at the time.

Old man go a new job in Manchester (home).... In his old job the next project to work on was in Northern Ireland in the early 70's
21 November 2012, 18:39,
I love Taunton, twas the first place I was sent to as a boy soldier, 15 years old, first time ever away from home and the bloody army sends me 220 miles from home. But I got my first girlfriend whilst I was there Smile Siiiigh Smile

21 November 2012, 18:47,
yep, we were living in Glastonbury when this happened some years ago, the "levels" were flooded and we couldnt get out of the town, a transit van was washed off the Meare road into the river. we were sitting on the top of Windmill hill(where we lived then) able to go nowhere.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.