Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Taunton Flooding!!!
22 November 2012, 13:44,
RE: Taunton Flooding!!!
Hope there isn't too much damage to your place, glad to hear you are safe. Guess these situations are always the best to convince people it is a good idea to prep.
Failure is always an option.
22 November 2012, 13:49,
(22 November 2012, 13:44)Neuralsandwich Wrote: these situations are always the best to convince people it is a good idea to prep.

yes, and as soon as the rain stops and the wind dies down, they will forget all about it and go back to their old sheeple ways! until the next time that is!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 November 2012, 20:50,
Spot on BP!

The wife is home and there is no damage (as of current) to our home. We live on the first floor, so we're fine. Cats are good as well (sorry NR).

Funnily enough, I say spot on BP, because the wife has decided you can't prep for everything. Which I agree with. I called her and said "Make sure you have the torches at hand, and know where the spare batteries are [I told her where they were, incase she didn't know]. Also, in the top of the wardrobe you'll find another camping stove and a few spare gas canisters [conversation went along those lines for a bit longer about 'hidden' preps she didn't know about]. Then I continued "I'm stunned there hasn't been a power-cut. There's no way that much flooding hasn't effected the electricity supply. Get the candles ready and a pack of matches. Check any draw and you'll find a pack of matches against the front of the draw." So, I knew she was going to be fine. After I got her to check the trees outside and a few things like that, I was happy she would be okay. Then her conversation went along the lines off 'You're acting like a nutter....blar blar.' All married guys know what I'm on about.

She text me a little while ago. All it said was:
"1st power cut"

Let's play a game...guess whose nice and warm (and dry) going through a power-cut, is using candles to read a book, the camping stove to cook tinned macaronni cheese, drinking a 'hidden' prep bottle of Merlot, and is enjoying a forced lovely night in!!! Hahahaha DAMN RIGHT!!!

Even though she knows I'm right...she's as stubborn as me, and won't say I'm always right. I'm just sometimes lucky haha.

I guess prepping is for the crazy. Crazy, comfortable, relaxed, calm, confident, and ready for most situations!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
24 November 2012, 07:56,
I am glad you and yours are safe. Survival is the most important thing. Kenneth Eames.
24 November 2012, 12:29,
more rain forecast for today and tomorrow, then they are talking about temperatures of MINUS 15, if all this water freezes that'll stop anything moving.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 November 2012, 14:10,
Well one of the girls heard that north hampshire could have temps of -4 not as bad as we thought but I'm pleased she's taking this serious enough to listen to the weather.
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.