Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global Warming
22 November 2012, 10:14,
Global Warming
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...worse.html
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 November 2012, 13:17,
RE: Global Warming
had a quick look at the article and it got one of the things that I find most irritating

WHY put up a picture of cooling tower when the article is about greenhouse gas - CO2, methane etc

ALL that come out of a cooling tower is water in the form of steam
22 November 2012, 17:40,
The cooling towers are attached to a Chinese coal power station, and water vapor is a greenhouse gas.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
22 November 2012, 18:02,
You learn something everyday

saying that the article is talking about CO2, NOx and methane if they wanted a picture why not use a smoking chimney from the power station and not the cooling stack when water vapour is not mentioned in the article at all.

[in research mode].....and whist water vapour is a green house gas it's one of the reasons that life exist on this plant as if the water cycle didn't happen then our planet would be 20-30 degrees colder. The thing with water vapour though is it is totally related to temperature and if there is any excess in the atmosphere it rains, if the temperature drops it rains. The problem with CO2 etc is that it once it's "up there" then it stays "up there" for a long time, I've read somewhere that if all CO2 emissions stopped tomorrow then it would still take hundreds of years to get back to pre-industrial levels. If you put water up there it will be back as rain in a few days as a maximim..........[out of research mode]
22 November 2012, 22:03,
Glad recognition of the most common greenhouse gas has already been stated. Water vapour. It makes up about 70% (I am pretty sure I remember that rightly) of the greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere, with carbon dioxide making up about 30% of the remaining 30% left. So really, carbon dioxide is actually....about 10% of total greenhouse gas figures (I think it's actually more like 8.2% if memory serves me correctly).
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
22 November 2012, 23:20,
Cool. Lets ban kettles and solve our biggest issue.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 November 2012, 12:53,
May as well ban showers as well not to bad if u enjoy cold water.
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.