food dehydrator
23 November 2012, 08:28,
food dehydrator
anyone goy one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KSTAR-800W-X-L...3a79454308
Failure is NOT an option
23 November 2012, 11:09,
RE: food dehydrator
I have been wanting one for a LONG time!

Thanks for sharing!

Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
23 November 2012, 13:00,
I've a different make of food dehydrator, but same type of thing, just be aware that they use alot of electricity, mine seems to be not much more than a hair dryer fan and element to blow warm air over whatever you want to dehydrate and needs to run for several hours to do it's job, 800w for 40 hours thats like the missus running her hair dryer for nearly 2 days!!
So unless you have money to burn or your own cheap supply may be something to consider, I use mine sparingly, does what it is supposed to, but I just can't help thinking what it costs me on my lecy bill.
23 November 2012, 13:09,
Dammit I'm struggling with technical problems, theres a website that shows you how to make one that just uses sunlight to do the job, so folks who have them do their dehydrating during the summer. BTW some conservatories can reach over 90 degrees on a sunny day so DIY Dehydrators can be used in them.

23 November 2012, 16:52,
here is a video of how to make a DIY solar dehydrator from some spare timber and empty cans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B2DGXPOk...re=related
24 November 2012, 10:25,
Good post IKE the box would also be a good base for a smokehouse as well. One problem we dont have beer cans, home brew in bottles.
Failure is NOT an option
24 November 2012, 10:56,
no beer cans ...... I'd just raid the recycle bins before the council come and empty them on bin day