Softshell / fleece / pile lined combo
Nylon / Cordura
Mil spec Cotton jacket /smock / parka
Leather / Suade
Gortex or other Breathable material
Cotton Canvas or Denim
Other
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clothing trend survey
25 November 2012, 21:43,
RE: Clothing trend survey
Helicon fleece. (Assuming I'm not wearing a leather jacket)
26 November 2012, 13:45,
Bison bushcraft wool hoody. Warm, even when wet.
Then either a surplus smock or a parka
6 December 2012, 19:29,
I ware a few different brands in summer its a DPM jacket, in autumn/spring it's normally a rivers west field pro smock and a fleece if it's a bit fresh, then in winter it's my jack pyke hunters jacket in English oak or my jahti jakt jacket layered up underneath, I've got matching bottoms for both but normally stick my trusty moleskins on and put thermals on in winter. If I know I'm gonna get soaked I'll stick the bottoms on over the moleskins and I'm toasty and dry waiting for the fox/rabbits to turn up.

I don't spend mega money on shooting clothes as I begrudge spending a fortune to go lay in a hedge bottom and end up wiping blood on it after gutting a rabbit. Brands I'd recommend are-

Boots- Meindl burma pro mfs or douvre extreme, expensive but you've got to look after your feet.

Jackets- DPM, rivers west, helicon, jack pyke, jahti jakt, seeland, deerhunter, swedteam

Trousers- same as jackets

Fester
6 December 2012, 21:40,
(25 November 2012, 08:59)Scythe13 Wrote: I grab my black BladeRunner hoodie.

Is the bladerunner gear good? Add much weight to your hoodie? Have you had it for long? dont suppose youve done a review on it?
7 December 2012, 12:22,
(25 November 2012, 00:17)BDG Wrote: Swedish wool poachers jacket. Keeps the wind out and the water off, also looks very smart.

http://fu-kit.com/product.php/438/swedis...et-for-men

£20 on that site, I bought mine last winter for £12 from a different site that does not have them in stock any longer.

Jesus Christ! I've just seen the prices on there!! That's ridiculous. We buy our stuff from the same supplier too - don't know how they can get away with those prices!
7 April 2013, 22:26,
Craghoppers breathable waterproof jacket with fleece removable liner, my jacket of choice.
8 April 2013, 01:32,
british army parka with a decent lining, had it for years now, all the way through secondary school, cost me £20, was the best £20 i ever spent
8 April 2013, 14:54,
I am currently using the helikon m65 jacket with the liner jacket in. very warm but i have had it a year and the zip is already dying
11 April 2013, 06:37,
Depends on the temp and weather.

Most of the time it will be a Harris Tweed. (bet you did not expect that from an American)

Extreme cold it is a Cabellas down parka w/nylon shell.

Rain or general cold weather outside work gets a well worn waterproof parka from Wallmart.
11 April 2013, 22:26,
The US is one of Harris Tweed's biggest export markets. An excellent outdoor clothing fabric. Warm, even when wet, camouflaged but not "military", and with a dash of style! Hundreds of game keepers, Ghillies and estate managers can't be wrong.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.