Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Converting Pistol X bows into Carbine X Bows ???
25 November 2012, 13:54,
Converting Pistol X bows into Carbine X Bows ???
Can anyone think of a way of modding the 80 pound Tomcat / Cobra Mks 1 & 2 into a carbine sized weapon like the Taipan?

I'm trying to think of ways of making and fitting a shoulder stock to the rear cocking lever that is the back end of these natty little pistol bows, any ideas or plans welcome.

25 November 2012, 22:54,
RE: Converting Pistol X bows into Carbine X Bows ???
i think cut the handle down and tap/affix a 3/4 iron socket and then cut a short length of 3/4 pipe to fit the shoulder ...and you can hide arrow heads inside , i think as its metal it ll be a usefull little club as well. . hope your well mate i been busy but still been popping in and out on the site.
[/quote]

26 November 2012, 18:04,
It seems that the simple method would be to shape a piece of iron waterpipe into the stock shape you desire and simply slip it over the cocking handle and attach it permenantly with some good quality epoxey inside the hollow.

I think the tendency to grab the stock as added leverage for cocking might require a pin or set screw as added security.

Do you have the epoxey called J.B. Weld in GB? I use it extensively for this kind of modification or repair. I have even used it to secure scope mount blocks onto hi-power rifles and repair cracked engine blocks.
26 November 2012, 18:47,
I think JB Weld is called or sold as plastic metal in the UK, I used araldite expoxy resin.

27 November 2012, 20:12,
I am sure any good quality epoxey would work, espically if the unit was pinned in place.

I have one of the small cheap crossbow pistols, or my son has present custody of it, which we converted with addition of 100 pound limbs. It made a nice toy.
27 November 2012, 20:26,
Bloody hell a 100 pound limb in a pistol bow !!! thats neat .