Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
conpire this
4 December 2012, 09:07,
RE: conpire this
(3 December 2012, 20:26)Cloud Wrote: I try to judge the information being presented rather than the person presenting it, and even if you ignore people like alex jones and david icke (of which i follow both) the amount of information available to prove how many times goverments have lied, and are not working in the interest of the public is blaringly obvious to anybody with two brain cells and a couple of hours to sit down and actually look at the info imo.

However thats the problem these days, most people just cant take the small amount fo time to sit down and look at the info, or when they do they seem to loose all ability to logicaly asses the evidence, and then fly into a fitfull rage of denial.

Of they analyse the information and just fall into the trap of believing everything they're told, and where the information doesn't add up, they fill in the blanks simply because it's what they want to believe. Both blind denialists and blind acceptancists fall into the same trap where they want to believe or disbelieve something so much, that when the story doesn't add up, or when information is missing, they fill in those gaps, or ignore them.

Take Christians for example. I am a Christian, so I speak from experience and an unbias view. I know Christians that get a cold, and they they are cured by God, because they prayed for 3 days while unwell in bed. On the other hand, I look at the simple fact that an average cold lasts 3 days, and truth be told, their immune system has beaten the cold bug. Simple. I'm not taking credit away from God. God built the immune system, and all the rest. But what I am saying, is that because they want to believe it was a miracle, being healed, then they will believe that and nothing else. I'm not making this into a religious argument, or anything like that. I'm just using it as an example. If anyone wants to make it into an argument of religion, If this is to be discussed, then we shall do this while wearing 4oz gloves, in a cage.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin