Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Railways getting knocked out cos bridges getting damaged
26 November 2012, 12:52,
Railways getting knocked out cos bridges getting damaged
ECML has problems tween Doncaster and York, And York and Darlington cos of floods possibly damaging bridges, similar probs being reported on other regional lines right across the UK.

26 November 2012, 13:27,
RE: Railways getting knocked out cos bridges getting damaged
The Crewe to Chester line was semi closed yesterday due to flooding,in the afternoon the line had a speed restriction on it,the route between Crewe and euston was ok though. Travelling frequently on the trains I get used to the routes,its the southern line that annoys me,I head back to Chester on a Sunday and they have engineering works going on,dont put any more trains on after a replacement bus service so from three bridges to Victoria yesterday I was stood up in a cramped 8 coach train (the football being on didnt help)
26 November 2012, 14:52, (This post was last modified: 26 November 2012, 15:05 by bigpaul.)
railways tracks washed out at Cowley near Exeter, could be out for months. just done our monthly run to Tesco's, water lying deep in the fields, rivers gone down a bit, lying water on roads, not too deep, passable with care, highways SW out trying to pump it away.
flooded rail tracks @ Cowley Bridge: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-2049218
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-20492181
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 November 2012, 00:24,
think this is becoming the norm BP?
27 November 2012, 10:20,
(27 November 2012, 00:24)Straight Shooter Wrote: think this is becoming the norm BP?

yes, the winters down here are getting wetter, we dont get snow that often, the more houses they build on flood plains or the more concrete is laid on green belt will affect how much flooding we get.there were places flooded recently that either havent been flooded for 20 years or have NEVER been flooded before, so something is happening.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.