Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VAT at 25%?!
27 November 2012, 12:26,
RE: VAT at 25%?!
(27 November 2012, 11:09)Prepper1 Wrote: Ordinary people have finely seen through the Governments smoke screen.
Thats why so many wont work.

I used to feel pride in working when I was younger...

For what to be treated by dirt by employers if you dare take a few days off sick or refuse overtime because of family commitments etc...

Why work for a pittance?

What for pride of being a worker?

What pride is there in being taken for a mug working for some person raking the money in off customers but paying YOU minimum wage, then sacking you if you dare complain.

What pride is there in working hard then seeing the company taking on kno*heads and them getting better treatment than you who's worked there for years...

We all know the way you get treated in minimum wage jobs, some/all of us have experienced that treatment.

Why would ANYONE who's experienced that willingly want to go and experience that again.

i think i love you Big Grin i think pride in work can come back a living wage must be put in motion would be a good start ,you can tell the rich run this cuntry when as you said they drop the benefit of the poor and not put up the minimum wage

just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
27 November 2012, 13:20,
The minimum wage does not help the lower paid. Welfare benefits do not help them in the long term either.

Having a minimum wage is a political trick the same as the welfare state. Designed to trap people in poverty and keep them voting for the people that pay them.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
27 November 2012, 13:22,
(27 November 2012, 13:20)Skean Dhude Wrote: The minimum wage does not help the lower paid. Welfare benefits do not help them in the long term either.

Having a minimum wage is a political trick the same as the welfare state. Designed to trap people in poverty and keep them voting for the people that pay them.

well SD its better than not having it when you need to pay your rent
27 November 2012, 13:52,
(27 November 2012, 10:26)Prepper1 Wrote: Who's going to pay for the foreign aid for the presidential palaces to be built?

Before I start, let me say I do not think we should be spending the money we spend on forieng aid whilst it could be put to use in the UK. The roads need fixing for a start.

However, can you show me ANYTHING AT ALL that says we paid for a palace to be built? Can you show me ANYTHING AT ALL that says the decision to build the palace hinged on UK aid?

No.

You have posted it over and over again, but the simple fact is, when we give aid, the majority of the time, it has provisos attached. In SA, it probably goes for Aids support work, literacy and rural schooling.

You know SA is sitting on a load of gold, diamonds and uranium? £19m a year to have a reliable source of uranium - thats a good deal to me. Better we get in there and spend a few quid on some schools and a couple of Honda generators so we can groom minds politically rather than the Chinese, NK's, Iranians etc.

(27 November 2012, 10:26)Prepper1 Wrote: If the welfare system vanished, they'd still charge vat at its current rate because they'd expand the aid program.

You are of course, speaking as a government insider on this one?

(27 November 2012, 10:26)Prepper1 Wrote: This Government has a deluded need to be seen as a big player in the world for some reason.

We are a member of the UN security council.
London is the 6th largest city economy in the world.
London handles nearly 40% of all currency transactions.
UK contract law is used by business across the world.
UK has the 7th largest economy in the world by GDP.

The above allow us to dictate policy on security, the economy and law to the world. We are a big player. Without the above, we are a rock in the Atlantic with 60 million wankers on it.

(27 November 2012, 10:58)Prepper1 Wrote: University places favored to foreign students first....

Not true. The government tells the universities how many UK places must be provided. The universities, as private businesses can provide what ever they like and charge a hell of a lot more to foreign students.

Please, show me those who got the grade to study a worthwhile course were denied a place in the UK.

(27 November 2012, 10:58)Prepper1 Wrote: Decent jobs paying a LIVING WAGE are few and far between.

What is a living wage? The £7.40 an hour mentioned in the press? If you cannot get that, you need to move to where the jobs are or improve your employability.

Whining about someone NOT PROVIDING YOU WITH A JOB is the same as whining about someone NOT PROVIDING YOUR BENEFITS. You want it all on your own terms and if it is not, it is the system that is broken and not you, despite lots of other people managing quite well. I live in the 'unemployment blackspot' North East. There are plenty jobs here that pay more than that.

(27 November 2012, 10:58)Prepper1 Wrote: More and more M.P.'s have little or no real world experience, having had to live on minimum wage that should be a requirement for a term of 5 years on a council estate BEFORE you can even apply to be an m.p. and I mean a NORMAL council estate not a good one,

So then society would only be represented by the views developed on a council estate. Do we have exemptions for ex-forces, those who have started or grown businesses, those who are well off and have spent their working lives fund raising for charity?

(27 November 2012, 10:58)Prepper1 Wrote: There was a program ages ago where normal people and m.p's traded lives for a week, one m.p. refused to live on dole in a council high rise... THAT speaks louder than Government propaganda about the bad dole takers.

Does it, or does it just show someone who can recognise something is shit without playing pretend for a week in front of TV cameras?

(27 November 2012, 10:58)Prepper1 Wrote: They say lets make it so your better off in work...

Do they raise wages,

Does who raise wages? The government? Share holders of companies? Would we see an increase in productivity to match the increase?

Nope.

So you are espousing a state controlled economy? You might want to have a look at how that worked out in the USSR. You might want to ask the poor of China if they would like to swap places with the poor of the UK. Twenty one dead cockle pickers cannot be wrong.

(27 November 2012, 10:58)Prepper1 Wrote: lower tax on petrol or lower bus fares for workers... NO!!!

And how do we administer this? Another government department that looks at how far your work place is from your home and how many MPG your car should get? What about when you are on holiday or take a sick day? Do you phone in to get your allowance adjusted?

(27 November 2012, 10:58)Prepper1 Wrote: As I've said in previous posts when me and the ex used to BOTH work FULL TIME there were some weeks we struggled to get bread and milk not luxuries because the wages are that crap AND I could never afford to buy dinner at work either, AND we never could afford to smoke OR drink.

And did you ever stop and think 'Perhaps I should move, or get some new skills, or set up a business and grow it'?

I have been unable to afford things in the past. I then made a sacrifice in my life and did something about it.

A mate of mine is a dentist. His Dad has a corner shop. My mate, his Father, Mother and Sister came over from India in the 1980's. They were not well off in India, but the Father was lucky in that he spoke English and could get a job where he could save to take his family to the UK.

When they got here they shared a small house with another family. The Father worked all the hours he could as a bus driver. After two years, he had enough money to take a lease on a shop and put some stock in it. He still had to drive a bus for a couple of years and the Mother worked in the shop most of the time. When the Father was not driving a bus, he was working in the shop or sleeping.

I know a guy who came over from Afghanistan eight years ago with the clothes he stood up in. He drove a taxi for a few years. He now has a small import export business and has three houses he rents out.

I know a guy who had a farm in Zimbabwe. He brought his family to the UK with what little money he had managed to hide away in South Africa. He now has a building company and employs several people and sub contracts work to many more.

All the while people are coming to this country with pretty much nothing, setting up and making a success of it, the argument 'no jobs here, no opportunities, did not get the chance' just does not wash.

People are in the situations they are in through their own making. If they really wanted to make it better, they would. If they do not have the brains or the gumption to do so, why should I subisdise them?

(27 November 2012, 10:58)Prepper1 Wrote: No wonder people stay on benefits when you work 40-50 hours a week and have NOTHING to show for it but see YOUR government swilling money away in expenses and first class travel and giving aid to foreign countrys to fix Turkeys sewers or build palaces in Africa...

They stay on benefits because they are willing to settle for being mediocre. I work 40 hours a week and have a home and family, a car and a truck and a bit of land that is mine. What else should I be wanting?

(27 November 2012, 10:58)Prepper1 Wrote: I mean the poor souls have to manage on over 100,000 a year...

Who? MP's? Try £65k a year. Still a lot of money, but it is a long way off £100k. Government ministers earn more in most cases, but compare their role to a company director of a medium to large company. It puts it into perspective.

Now compare it to some of the 'directors' in local authorities. Who is being payed to much now?

(27 November 2012, 10:58)Prepper1 Wrote: My last job paid 13,000. AND I couldnt claim expenses or afford a second home.

If you had any out of pocket expenses directly linked to your work that were solely for the benefit of the company, you could have claimed expenses. Certain other expenses you could have claimed back from the taxman, even if your job was PAYE.

Perhaps you should make a plan as to how you are going to earn higher wages.

(27 November 2012, 10:58)Prepper1 Wrote: Half of parliament should be ordinary people who know the real world.

And the other half should be what? Or does it not matter as long as they have lived on a council estate for five years?

Parliament should be full of the best people, full stop. If you do not think some one is the best, stand yourself and tell everyone why you are best. It could just be that the majority agrees with you.

(27 November 2012, 10:58)Prepper1 Wrote: Maybe then things might be better.

When everyone has lived on a council estate for five years and has mediocrity and bitterness as the main things in life and so the direction of a nation, how can any one be unimpressed?

27 November 2012, 14:03,
your in a dream world , but its nice that you i not hiding from me like some othersSmile
27 November 2012, 15:14,
Glad you have such a good life BDG. Some of us are less fortunate through or not through our own actions.

I'm not bemoaning mine, though it may seem like it.

I am merely pointing out that I do not agree with a lot of the Governments actions regarding certain people such as the pensioners etc not receiving free bus passes etc... after a life's hard work and the "we're all in it together" when we're clearly not.

As for the Things we gain by spending aid money, I think personally that its a false economy and we should spend the money here training new doctors, paying for a better heath care system, more training for the young encouraging the work ethic that this country is or has now lost.

You cannot blame the people for becoming reliant on a system set up by governments to make the people need them and be therefore become lazy as a result of it.

It's like fetching and carrying for a child, it gets lazy, who's to blame the child or the parent?

And whilst I agree on certain points you may raise such as people that are over here not having or having lost the hard work ethic.

No matter how hard some people work, it doesn't work out.

I myself have a work ethic always have and always will.

However mines tarnished by bad employers.

I will always work hard, long hours if required for an employer that values me and treats me with respect.

Not I mean undeserved respect, just the usual for a good job well done.

I've been a warehouse manager, and had to make do with kno*heads employed for me by head office who didn't have a work ethic.

Couldn't fire them, hire new staff, etc...( I wanted to hire Polish as they have a good work ethic) but no head office says no...

"How about grown men with family's to support, they'll work says I", "No says head office young lads you shall have"...Fuc*ing weed heads the lot of them....

I personally have had many a job where my hard work ethic scared lazy managers or supervisors into being scared for their jobs, thereby getting rid of me first.

Totally unnecessarily as I wasn't after their jobs anyway just happy to be working but there you go and no it isn't my imagination as former work colleagues have frequently confirmed such.

I've had jobs where I've been told I cant have certain days off but then kno*heads come into the workplace and they are allowed too....

I've had managerial jobs whereby I could make extreme amounts of money, if I were willing to abandon my family to their own devices and work 60+ hours a week.

I decided no amount of money wasn't worth loosing my family for.

I've had jobs where I hardly ever saw my family apart from an hour or two at night.

I've worked nights and my wife days and looked after the kids when I should've been sleeping etc...

I've gone 3 days a week without sleep like that for months on end, hallucinating like crazy through lack of sleep.

And how hard is it to implement a working persons discount slip from an employer printed every month with your wage slip with a hologram say,
to give the country's worker on minimum wage a bit of a boost...

Or even a new employment sector distributing and enforcing discounts etc... Ohh look new jobs...
With a bit of thought and work it could work.

I've served my country done my bit been there got the t shirt, lost it and got another one.

As n.r. has done swore an oath to queen and country etc...

If you read the papers, if you gather your own intel, you can see what things our Government does behind closed doors.

YOU may think they have our best interests at heart with diamonds, uranium deposits back door dealings etc...

I dont.

I've seen, heard done too many things in my life, being told they were for the right reasons only to see when you take a step back and have a long hard look, that they were for somebody else's gain, benefit etc... or to make somebody even more money.

I agree whole heartidly with you about doing projects in third world country's and such, building schools etc...

Lets send the unemployed young there, full board and lodging, what an experience that would be and such a great help imagine that in your c.v.

I'd do that even now.

I find it strange you constantly demand proof though, when proof is all around for seeing.

I feel I've met you before in the people that refuse to see things right before their eyes, demanding written proof, names and addresses of witnesses to the facts etc... denying any and all things unless accompanied by black and white facts.

No personal slight intended by the way, just an observation.

Everbody can see the forest not everybody can see the trees.

I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
27 November 2012, 15:22,
I think some folks miss the point (s)
(A) Our government is BORROWING money to GIVE AWAY in foreign aid !!! Wheres the sense in that
(B) If our government has excessive reserve funds it should be given back to the tax payers
© Benefits should never rise faster than the national average wage rise percentage
(D) Living in the north east where I know PERSONALLY pensioners living in bunglows behind my house who have to choose wether to heat or eat, or choose wether to go to the hospital or eat, that not one penny of tax payers money should be spent outside the UK.

NO BRITISH TAX PAYERS MONEY SHOULD BE SPENT OUTSIDE THE UK , or on foreigners living in the UK who should not be here.

27 November 2012, 15:39,
I think you should be an m.p. n.r.
Have you thought about it?
Ukip m.p......N.r.....
I'd definitely give you my vote.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
27 November 2012, 20:31,
I think all of us are here because we recognise that relying on the state in a shtf situation is not really an option (cf Katrina, Greece etc). By starting to think about preparedness for adverse situations, we learn skills/pick up advice that makes us much more resourceful and self-reliant day-to-day. If my work ran out tomorrow I would know how to find more work & make enough money to keep going. I don't resent the fact that I earn a low wage - I love what I do and see it as a positive choice and my needs/wants are fairly minimal. I'm freelance and maybe that is a way for people who feel resentful towards employers to go as it gives you the freedom to choose when/if to work. Do a good job and you'll get re-hired. Simple really. Possibly finding myself out of work is all the more reason to have a three month supply of food etc as well as stocking up in case of VAT increases. However, it won't happen as I can make money from thin air when pushed and can always find work.
27 November 2012, 20:35,
(27 November 2012, 15:39)Prepper1 Wrote: I think you should be an m.p. n.r.
Have you thought about it?
Ukip m.p......N.r.....
I'd definitely give you my vote.

Nup, I only care for the welllbeeing and future for preppers, the rest of this damn country keeps getting EXACTLY the sort of government it deserves.