VAT at 25%?!
26 November 2012, 13:59,
VAT at 25%?!
http://news.sky.com/story/1016241/vat-ma...-warns-ifs

Oh dear...
26 November 2012, 14:12,
RE: VAT at 25%?!
Crazy hu?

Protein Supplements had VAT put on them at the end of October, because they are now considered 'luxuries' by politicians. They are not classified as a supplement any more. Furthermore, they are going to go up by another 5%. Which means, what used to cost £40 will be costing at least £50 now!!! That sucks!!!

Glad I stocked up a bit before the change.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
26 November 2012, 16:53,
VAT would only be 5% to 8% if we did not have the welfare state bleeding us dry.

26 November 2012, 17:55,
Right, lets get one thing straight:

THIS IS NOT GOVERNMENT POLICY

From what is being said here and what is said on sky news, people seem to think that this is government policy and that it is going to happen.

It is actually a recommendation of what the government could potentially do from a group who are not the government. It is about as valid as the boyscouts saying the government should built a spaceship and fly to mars to collect rare minerals to help the economy.

My ideas around this - VAT goes up to 25% and government revenues fall due to the huge black economy that develops.
27 November 2012, 10:26,
(26 November 2012, 16:53)NorthernRaider Wrote: VAT would only be 5% to 8% if we did not have the welfare state bleeding us dry.
Now I thought I saw the world through rose coloured glasses sometimes...
Do you really think they'd drop vat to that low level if we didn't have a welfare system?
Who's going to pay for the foreign aid for the presidential palaces to be built?
If the welfare system vanished, they'd still charge vat at its current rate because they'd expand the aid program.
This Government has a deluded need to be seen as a big player in the world for some reason.
Hang on doesn't Turkeys sewer system need fixing again?
Maybe they're running out of bolly in the parlimentary bar again...

I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
27 November 2012, 10:35,
(27 November 2012, 10:26)Prepper1 Wrote:
(26 November 2012, 16:53)NorthernRaider Wrote: VAT would only be 5% to 8% if we did not have the welfare state bleeding us dry.
Now I thought I saw the world through rose coloured glasses sometimes...
Do you really think they'd drop vat to that low level if we didn't have a welfare system?
Who's going to pay for the foreign aid for the presidential palaces to be built?
If the welfare system vanished, they'd still charge vat at its current rate because they'd expand the aid program.
This Government has a deluded need to be seen as a big player in the world for some reason.
Hang on doesn't Turkeys sewer system need fixing again?
Maybe they're running out of bolly in the parlimentary bar again...

yes well put just some people on here believe what the ptb say about welfare is the problem with all. if you get rid of welfare opens up more probs ,not that some thing dont'nt have to be done the work shy do need to work but dont think its the biggest problem we have

just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
27 November 2012, 10:51,
We have compounded problems, one after another. Removing one issue is a step in the right direction, but will open up more.

Better regulation is a much smarter system.

If you need to increase the amount of revenue brought in by tax, history shows that reducing the tax rate will actually increase the amount of money coming in. If 20% brings in £15billion a year, 15% brings in £20billion!!! More people get hired, which then causes a Keynsian wealth chain.

Look at how Hong Kong has standardised tax, same rate throughout, regardless of what you're buying or how much you're earning. People are encouraged to work hard, grow businesses, hire new staff, and things like that. They also have the best policing, the best medical, the best sanitation, the best roads (although they're fricking busy!!!) and they're still growing!!! Increasing tax stunts growth.....FACT!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 November 2012, 10:58,
The insanity of providing foreign aid to ANY country whether its citizens are white or black, green or purple etc... isnt right, the NHS is on its knees, with managers coming out of its arse with hardly any decent staff putting patients on the care pathway without consent says volumes about our country.

University places favored to foreign students first....

Decent jobs paying a LIVING WAGE are few and far between.

Jobs paying MINIMUM WAGE says everything with no need for explanation, but who can live on minimum wage.

More and more M.P.'s have little or no real world experience, having had to live on minimum wage that should be a requirement for a term of 5 years on a council estate BEFORE you can even apply to be an m.p. and I mean a NORMAL council estate not a good one,

There was a program ages ago where normal people and m.p's traded lives for a week, one m.p. refused to live on dole in a council high rise... THAT speaks louder than Government propaganda about the bad dole takers.

They say lets make it so your better off in work...

Do they raise wages, lower tax on petrol or lower bus fares for workers... NO!!!

They vilify people who dare claim benefits.

As I've said in previous posts when me and the ex used to BOTH work FULL TIME there were some weeks we struggled to get bread and milk not luxuries because the wages are that crap AND I could never afford to buy dinner at work either, AND we never could afford to smoke OR drink.

No wonder people stay on benefits when you work 40-50 hours a week and have NOTHING to show for it but see YOUR government swilling money away in expenses and first class travel and giving aid to foreign countrys to fix Turkeys sewers or build palaces in Africa...

Who wouldn't be bitter, who wouldn't think the governments a waste of space and not living in the real world.

I mean the poor souls have to manage on over 100,000 a year...

My last job paid 13,000. AND I couldnt claim expenses or afford a second home.

Half of parliament should be ordinary people who know the real world.

Maybe then things might be better.
27 November 2012, 11:04,
MPs should not be allowed to serve more than two terms in office then they cant make money grabbing their main career choice.

27 November 2012, 11:09,
Ordinary people have finely seen through the Governments smoke screen.
Thats why so many wont work.

I used to feel pride in working when I was younger...

For what to be treated by dirt by employers if you dare take a few days off sick or refuse overtime because of family commitments etc...

Why work for a pittance?

What for pride of being a worker?

What pride is there in being taken for a mug working for some person raking the money in off customers but paying YOU minimum wage, then sacking you if you dare complain.

What pride is there in working hard then seeing the company taking on kno*heads and them getting better treatment than you who's worked there for years...

We all know the way you get treated in minimum wage jobs, some/all of us have experienced that treatment.

Why would ANYONE who's experienced that willingly want to go and experience that again.