Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 prepping mistakes that could get you killed.
27 November 2012, 12:08,
6 prepping mistakes that could get you killed.
http://offgridsurvival.com/preppingmistakes-how to survive/
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 November 2012, 12:15,
RE: 6 prepping mistakes that could get you killed.
Very good post.

It's what we've been saying for a while, and what's been drummed into me by many seasoned preppers on here. Only get gear you know how to use. Oh, and the classic 'Stock/Store what you eat' which is great advice as well.

The other things are very good common sense.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 November 2012, 10:50,
cracking post bp
28 November 2012, 11:03,
The only one I would add to that is saying " I'm ready I've got all the bases covered"

28 November 2012, 18:52,
Good find bp
Thanks
28 November 2012, 20:35,
Yes, I like that post,... the food part is important, one of the key factors in any survival situation is Moral,.. almost every soldier/ex soldier knows it, but many other miss it out completely just going for what keeps you alive,... but that not good enough, when stocking up with food, include sweets, chocolate etc, etc, as well as the more `important things`,.. its the nice goodies that will also set you up and keep you out of the duldrums,... you are more likely to come through a bad situation if you are in the right mind set
A major part of survival is invisibility.
29 November 2012, 00:49,
Good post Highlander and excellent point. I suspect a lot of preppers think of grid-down as an exciting time to survive through, but in reality it would become very grim very quickly for even the well prepared and stress and depression would become major dangers. That's why it would be very important to remain busy on a daily routine and retain, as you say, sweets and chocs for occasional comfort purposes.