Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
surviving an active shooter situation
27 November 2012, 12:13,
surviving an active shooter situation
http://offgridsurvival.com/survivingacti...onattacks/
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 November 2012, 18:20,
RE: surviving an active shooter situation
THTB are getting in a twist over a mumbai style event in our big cities.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
27 November 2012, 18:22,
(27 November 2012, 18:20)Tibbs735 Wrote: THTB are getting in a twist over a mumbai style event in our big cities.

thats why i keep away from cities.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 November 2012, 19:13,
Strange this has come up, I was only a couple of days thinking if this happened what would I do, I do live in a small town but its could also be a large target if some nutter blew his stack. I've checked out all alleys and ways to get myself clear if this happens, but I don't know if I'd be able to leave injured people behind, I know I'm proberly going to get my head chewed off for that comment, but what if its a friend or family ?
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
27 November 2012, 19:21,
Be a tough situation to be in, crowds paniking. Just try and get your head down, and get in cover
27 November 2012, 21:36,
Nice artical,... but clearly written by a civilian.

... ok so you are in that situation, a sniper is active,... dont you think that a sniper has thought about all that the artical mentioned, a sniper is `usualy` a pro, not your average gunman,... he has put himself in the best possible place, he can easily cover all the exits, and his location is not easily approached.

His first shot goes un-noticed,..only in the films does everyone duck as if it happens every day,... after his first shot, people will stand around looking at each other,..`what was that?`,.. `a sniper dont be daft, the guys had a heart attack`.... one down...

its only when the second guy hits the deck do people realise that things are wrong,..two down

Panic then sets in everyone will run about in all directions, you will find it hard to get to any exit, the third shot,... three down,...and on and on it goes, the sniper feeds off the panic

Then he is gone,...simple,... you had no, or very little chance to get away, you had hardly a chance to find cover, because you will have no idea where the shots came from,...and as for attacking the guy,......lol

Its a simple case of either you are one of the three who he targetted,.... and you are dead, or he didnt and you are alive,...its as simple as that
A major part of survival is invisibility.
27 November 2012, 21:50,
In that type of scenario I think it would be down to luck if a person survives or not. Chances are before he's let one shoot off he would of had a good look around like you said and has proberly picked his target.
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.