Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"the sound of silence"
30 November 2012, 10:36,
RE: "the sound of silence"
(29 November 2012, 22:57)Ranger Wrote: i worked with a real old eastender and i mentioned this and he told me how he and his wife moved to margate because they thought it would be nicer i.e. quieter and slower paced. within 6 months they were miserable and moved back to east london because they needed the noise and commotion. i think bp is right and that there will be a self thinning out of the herd due to some peoples inability to cope.

have known people like this in the past, people who have moved out of a city and gone to live in a village, they cant sleep cos there are no street lights, and there are no pavements, and its too quiet, like you say 6 months and they've gone back to the city.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 November 2012, 22:29,
very good point folks about suicide during a SHTF event. Those of us with other halves who are not fully on board may need to keep a close eye on loved ones during this time. Same goes for those with kids.

It may be worth keeping extra tools of morale around during the initial stages - books, colouring, a little power put aside for mp3's or ebook readers. Chocolate is also apparently very good for helping people relax. Depends on your family. And don't forget a little something for yourself to help relax.

Just a thought
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
1 December 2012, 13:27,
(30 November 2012, 22:29)preservefreak Wrote: very good point folks about suicide during a SHTF event. Those of us with other halves who are not fully on board may need to keep a close eye on loved ones during this time. Same goes for those with kids.

It may be worth keeping extra tools of morale around during the initial stages - books, colouring, a little power put aside for mp3's or ebook readers. Chocolate is also apparently very good for helping people relax. Depends on your family. And don't forget a little something for yourself to help relax.

Just a thought
a couple of packs of cards and a board game compendium would probably help to. i've got a waterproof,tear resistant pack of cards from a shop called trespass.they do discounted outdoor gear
http://www.trespass.co.uk/
they laugh at us because we're different, we laugh at them because they're all the same
1 December 2012, 14:10,
Personally I don't like the quiet, I always have music on whether its a cd or the radio. Sometimes if its too quiet at night ill put my iPod on and listen to music until I fall asleep, it drives the OH crazy.
But then again in my house with the dogs and my little'un running around there's not much chance of it being totally silent anyway. If it was I'd start worrying Smile

“When an empire fears for its survival, its prime has passed.”