Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"the sound of silence"
29 November 2012, 14:00,
RE: "the sound of silence"
(29 November 2012, 13:22)Pagan-Mist Wrote: Might make some peoples ears bleed but not mine Smile

Don't get me wrong once I had got used to it, it felt like a soak in a large hot bath, I became very comfortable if it....returning to the modern world I could feel the stress manifesting itself between my shoulders blades and I soon found myself dropped back into the unrelenting chaos that we call civilisation.Sad
29 November 2012, 14:09,
(29 November 2012, 14:00)SealDriver Wrote:
(29 November 2012, 13:22)Pagan-Mist Wrote: Might make some peoples ears bleed but not mine Smile

Don't get me wrong once I had got used to it, it felt like a soak in a large hot bath, I became very comfortable if it....returning to the modern world I could feel the stress manifesting itself between my shoulders blades and I soon found myself dropped back into the unrelenting chaos that we call civilisation.Sad

i lived in a small cottage on Dartmoor long time ago, good time, happy memories.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 November 2012, 14:18,
Hi Big Paul
I hunt Red Deer on Exmoor and it very similar, the beauty and the silence nearly bring me to tears. I'm hoping for a transfer to HMP Dartmoor but at this rate I will have to break the law to get down there...Big Grin
29 November 2012, 14:19,
(29 November 2012, 14:18)SealDriver Wrote: Hi Big Paul
I hunt Red Deer on Exmoor and it very similar, the beauty and the silence nearly bring me to tears. I'm hoping for a transfer to HMP Dartmoor but at this rate I will have to break the law to get down there...Big Grin

my "brother" spent 6years 8months in HMP Dartmoor, i dont think you'd like it!!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 November 2012, 14:23,
Me neither! Especially at shower time!Confused
29 November 2012, 14:26,
(29 November 2012, 14:23)SealDriver Wrote: Me neither! Especially at shower time!Confused
Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
29 November 2012, 19:51,
I have spent more than a few nights in a slit trench on Dartmore,....does that count...Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
29 November 2012, 21:16,
(29 November 2012, 19:51)Highlander Wrote: I have spent more than a few nights in a slit trench on Dartmore,....does that count...Smile

Big girl was she...Wink
29 November 2012, 22:57,
(28 November 2012, 10:49)NorthernRaider Wrote: I've read about urban and city folks who have gone on holiday to very quite places and have become unsettled and unable to sleep or rest because their is no continous background noise from traffic, sirens, people etc, and they have had to go home.

when i worked on yachts in greece, my favorite nights were the ones anchored in a bay on an uninhabited island. no light pollution, just the sound of the water on the hull,chatting to the skipper and hostie. a few years later, in london, i worked with a real old eastender and i mentioned this and he told me how he and his wife moved to margate because they thought it would be nicer i.e. quieter and slower paced. within 6 months they were miserable and moved back to east london because they needed the noise and commotion. i think bp is right and that there will be a self thinning out of the herd due to some peoples inability to cope.
they laugh at us because we're different, we laugh at them because they're all the same
29 November 2012, 23:08,
(29 November 2012, 21:16)SealDriver Wrote:
(29 November 2012, 19:51)Highlander Wrote: I have spent more than a few nights in a slit trench on Dartmore,....does that count...Smile

Big girl was she...Wink

it might have been warmer if it had been,... I aways remember Dartmore as cold and wet
A major part of survival is invisibility.