Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepper uk
28 November 2012, 21:15,
RE: Prepper uk
A lot of ladies today simply cannot face the emotional impact of a disaster affecting them, they choose to just deny anything bad can happen, you see similar effects when people leave it to late to move their goods and furnature upstairs when told a flood may come. You see the same thing with public transport, the other winter when many rail routes were iced up solid and the stations closesd, notices and the doors saying they were closed, radio and tv broadcasts and even station staff telling people no trains are running. You still sw many people trying to access platforms, or waiting forlornly for a train that was not coming. Its the " Oh the lump in my breast wont be cancer" attitude. many men live in denial as well, you see em ignore road closed signs and drive round the traffic cones only to get stuff in a flood 5 minutes later. Our grand parents knew full well that nothing was guarenteed that why they had larders stocked up before winter, thats why they got 4 extra bags of coal in before winter. I saw during the terrible winter two years back neighbours of mine looking up and down the street wondering why their Tesco Grocerys had not been delivered even though no traffic had got to our village in days. My wife fully supports my prepping, indeed she often raises issues I have not covered.

28 November 2012, 21:30,
I am glad to say that my wife is also in support of `our` prepping,... and often comes home with something new,.. the water butt we got today she bought off her own bat,... because she thought we needed another one, I dont have to prompt her, we will talk about what we need, and if she sees something when out and about [ and has the funds ] will go ahead and buy it
A major part of survival is invisibility.
28 November 2012, 21:33,
My wife was sceptical until our first power cut last week. We were up and running in no time despite the power going off - not only was she impressed but she's now bought in to the idea and is making suggestions of her own Big Grin
73 de
OSR

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government ~ Thomas Paine
28 November 2012, 21:38,
I'm trying to go down the route of "well you know we will use it & it was on offer so I thought I would buy a few while its on offer". It was going well until I filled all the shelves in the cupboard under the stairs with tinned food & bags of porridge oats & pasta. I'm in the process of boarding out my loft & I'm planning on putting in a false wall to put my preps in there. I think it will also be the ideal place for a gun cabinet for air rifles (young kids so I don't want to take any chances).
28 November 2012, 21:54,
recording it on sky+ ..... watching the Man City match
28 November 2012, 21:55,
(28 November 2012, 21:54)I-K-E Wrote: recording it on sky+ ..... watching the Man City match

Manchester has a soccer team !!!!! Well I never learn something new every day Smile

28 November 2012, 21:57,
Yeh sky plusing it also hate adverts so watch it 15mins behind
28 November 2012, 21:59,
(28 November 2012, 21:55)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(28 November 2012, 21:54)I-K-E Wrote: recording it on sky+ ..... watching the Man City match

Manchester has a soccer team !!!!! Well I never learn something new every day Smile

I remember the days when I was watching something that shouldn't have been called footballBig Grin

28 November 2012, 23:11,
Ok well who was on the show then lol
28 November 2012, 23:17,
(28 November 2012, 21:38)Geordie_Rob Wrote: I'm trying to go down the route of "well you know we will use it & it was on offer so I thought I would buy a few while its on offer". It was going well until I filled all the shelves in the cupboard under the stairs with tinned food & bags of porridge oats & pasta. I'm in the process of boarding out my loft & I'm planning on putting in a false wall to put my preps in there. I think it will also be the ideal place for a gun cabinet for air rifles (young kids so I don't want to take any chances).

Law changed a few years ago so if you have kids around air rifles, you have to make the air rifles secure from the kids - if you were going down the route of getting a cabinet, get a couple of shotguns to keep the air rifles company. If you can get some shooting rights some where, get an FAC and some FAC air rifles.

W/R to your Mrs, change the families shopping and buying habits. Try to get her to go to places like Costco, Macro and so on where you have to buy in bulk. You might want to engineer it so you have things in your preps that she is about to run out of - so when she is making a cup of tea and their is no sugar, some from the preps. Making Yorkshire puddings and no flour - some from the preps. Home late because of work or some minor family crisis - couple of cans of stew out of the preps.

Get her used to the idea that you are not prepping for some catastrophic event in particular, but for day to day life - because in all reality, you are.