Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ahoy Shipmates!
28 November 2012, 23:04,
RE: Ahoy Shipmates!
Welcome to the forum from the Scottish Highlands
A major part of survival is invisibility.
28 November 2012, 23:12,
Welcome to the site.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 November 2012, 23:16,
Welcome from newcastle
28 November 2012, 23:18,
Another welcome from London.
Great site, this.
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
28 November 2012, 23:20, (This post was last modified: 28 November 2012, 23:22 by SealDriver.)
In reply to Northern Raider..oops! Yes sorry Cody Lundin and Jack Hargreaves are/were not preppers....I got a bit carried away there. 'Prepper is a new word for me and it's not one I really like.

I hunt, fish, grow vegetables, make pickles and bread, I store food and I have kept fowl and rabbits in the past. I see this as just being normal and keeping grounded in the world. I would really hate to live in the plastic world of 'Big Brother and alco-pops'.
Oh by the way I live in Coventry, Warwickshire/West Mids area and I would like to meet local preppers and share some ideas.
28 November 2012, 23:27,
Welcome from Tyneside. I know what you mean about the word prepper, I see it for myself as old fashioned country ways and tight Northern git as to what I do.
28 November 2012, 23:44,
(28 November 2012, 23:27)BDG Wrote: Welcome from Tyneside. I know what you mean about the word prepper, I see it for myself as old fashioned country ways and tight Northern git as to what I do.

Amen to that BDG! I spent a great deal of my life at sea so living in a small place and being equipped for all things comes naturally. Also my Grand parents survived the Coventry Blitz so they always had a siege mentality. As a child it seemed that everything on TV was 'Apocolyptic' themed, programmes about Triffids or deadly viruses....and all those Mad Max films have left their mark on me. Come the 'Event' I will be running around in a beach bugging fuelled by pig poo and sporting a mohican hair cut, lycra pants and a pair of American Footballers shoulder pads...lol!
28 November 2012, 23:48,
I dont mind the word prepper so much,.. what I do hate are the words `Domsday preppers`,...I like to think I am simply an `emergency prepper`

forget the `event`,... can we have a photo of your practise run,....lol
A major part of survival is invisibility.
29 November 2012, 00:49,
Hello and welcome The navy is in R.B.B.
Failure is NOT an option
29 November 2012, 01:01,
Now that would be a sight to see wouldn't it! Just realised I meant to say Beach Buggy...duh!

Bush Tucker Man! He was a dude and always on TV when I was a kid!Wink