Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Investors Already Know
29 November 2012, 11:52,
RE: Investors Already Know
never mind silver or gold or money, invest in FOOD, people always need to eat!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 November 2012, 12:02,
I am doing that each week it may only be a couple of tins or bags of cheap rice etc but that is a top priority as is water.
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
29 November 2012, 12:14,
I know we all have different ways of preparing, but Gold etc really doesn't do it for me and I would prefer to have food stuffs that are unedible to anyone ran sacking it. Your average Sheeple will not know what to do with dried lentils and black eyed beans.Wink The Vietcong had the right idea, a sling full of rice and whatever they could find along the way. People will automatically take things of value even if the situation has made them value-less. I see preppers storing booze...why? to trade? You may just find that the people you trade with just get drunk and come back and take what they want and do you over for getting in their way.

Unfortunately with the rule of law gone the darker side of mankind will surface as it did in 1930's Germany and what did we get from that era, a man that would bring us into a massive war that killed and injured millions.
29 November 2012, 12:24,
(29 November 2012, 12:14)SealDriver Wrote: I know we all have different ways of preparing, but Gold etc really doesn't do it for me and I would prefer to have food stuffs that are unedible to anyone ran sacking it. Your average Sheeple will not know what to do with dried lentils and black eyed beans.Wink The Vietcong had the right idea, a sling full of rice and whatever they could find along the way. People will automatically take things of value even if the situation has made them value-less. I see preppers storing booze...why? to trade? You may just find that the people you trade with just get drunk and come back and take what they want and do you over for getting in their way.

Unfortunately with the rule of law gone the darker side of mankind will surface as it did in 1930's Germany and what did we get from that era, a man that would bring us into a massive war that killed and injured millions.

i couldnt agree more Sealdriver, silver and gold dosent do it for me either, but a larder full of food does.alcohol is not one of my preps, having not drunk for 13 years but i can see the point of having a small bottle of spirit for medicinal uses only.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 November 2012, 12:39,
(29 November 2012, 12:24)bigpaul Wrote:
(29 November 2012, 12:14)SealDriver Wrote: I know we all have different ways of preparing, but Gold etc really doesn't do it for me and I would prefer to have food stuffs that are unedible to anyone ran sacking it. Your average Sheeple will not know what to do with dried lentils and black eyed beans.Wink The Vietcong had the right idea, a sling full of rice and whatever they could find along the way. People will automatically take things of value even if the situation has made them value-less. I see preppers storing booze...why? to trade? You may just find that the people you trade with just get drunk and come back and take what they want and do you over for getting in their way.

i couldnt agree more Sealdriver, silver and gold dosent do it for me either, but a larder full of food does.alcohol is not one of my preps, having not drunk for 13 years but i can see the point of having a small bottle of spirit for medicinal uses only.

Interesting point Big Paul,
I have 5 litres of Surgical Spirit for wounds, but I have also put my money into White Vinegar, Hydrogen Peroxide, Soda Crystals and Bicarbonate Of Soda that have a million and one uses and your average person would see them as useless. Hidden in plain site!
29 November 2012, 19:32,
I don't have much bppze put aside but I do have some. My plan is to make it as I need it for fuel, medicinal and barter.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 November 2012, 19:44, (This post was last modified: 29 November 2012, 19:59 by Scythe13.)
(29 November 2012, 11:48)Pagan-Mist Wrote: I've been reading your postings S13 about banks, the eu and about possible depression and I think your right but I think we maybe in now, I've been buying silver jewellry I know silver doesn't make a lot but I can use it to barter if need be.

If we are in it, we're actually at the top of the iceberg, above water. There's still a VERY long way down until the bottom!
Has anyone considered that a depression won't turn atomic?

I know it's something VERY intimidating. Having said that, it is something very regular. Never in the past has a depression caused 2 years, or even 6 months, of WROL (Without Rule of Law). Infact, as much as I'm not a Nazi, it gave rise to a much heavier rule of law (by a tyrant/evil-c**t/psycho/hero, depending on your view point).

I really don't see the world collapsing through a depression. It didn't in the past, and it shouldn't right now. If I were to put a percentage on the next depression leading to a total collapse of society, I'd pull out numbers below 20%. Could it lead to a world war? Well......no. There have been 2 world wars, but throughout history, there have been MANY depressions. I'd say the last world war and the depression were RARE to say the least. In 30 depressions, one has been the precursor for a World War! Again, if playing the numbers, I'd say there is too much fracturing of governments and generalisation of states, to lead to a world war. There are not enough super-powers around for a world war to occur. Think about it, who would take on NATO and the US?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
29 November 2012, 20:51,
(29 November 2012, 19:44)Scythe13 Wrote: If we are in it, we're actually at the top of the iceberg, above water. There's still a VERY long way down until the bottom!
Has anyone considered that a depression won't turn atomic?

It doesnt need to my hairy little cornflake, currently INFLATION is much higher than saving account INTEREST RATES, that means you cash in the bank is losing value every day. The £100 pounds you deposited a month ago with now only buy £95 worth of stuff, by the end of the year it will be worth even less. But FOOD and FUEL only go up in price, so if you convert your withering cash into food you actually inflation proof your grocery shopping for as long as that grub lasts.

1 December 2012, 14:41,
check this out-interesting reading: http://offgridsurvival.com/cashisking-preciousmetals/
1 December 2012, 17:45, (This post was last modified: 1 December 2012, 17:46 by BDG.)
(29 November 2012, 19:44)Scythe13 Wrote: Never in the past has a depression caused 2 years, or even 6 months, of WROL (Without Rule of Law)...

I really don't see the world collapsing through a depression. It didn't in the past, and it shouldn't right now.

The world has never been so connected in the past. We had civilizations that did not know of one and other, and they collapsed. We had civilizations that knew of each other and they collapsed.

It was long term depression that caused the end of the Western Roman empire, as it was poor external trade causing a long term depression that lead to the end of the Harappan culture in North Western India. Ancient Chinese civilizations came and went as emperors emptied their treasuries and productivity was bled white with taxes to try and hold empires together.
There have been many, many more.