Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban homesteader not prepper or survivalist
29 November 2012, 12:19,
Urban homesteader not prepper or survivalist
Urban Homesteader I Like it Smile Either way he is part of our sub section of society, more kudos to him Smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...inter.html

29 November 2012, 12:28,
RE: Urban homesteader not prepper or survivalist
his opsec stinks, getting his mug plastered over the TV AND the Daily Mail, dont give his chances as very high, his card is now well and truly marked, both by TPTB and by the masses.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 November 2012, 12:34,
I do like his style, but have to agree that showing his house and what he has got wasn't very clever. Why did he eat nettles when there was so many wild garlic about....much nicer in an omlette.Wink
29 November 2012, 12:57,
Not very smart showing the whole country what's he's got, that's screwed his security. Still seems a good set up
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
29 November 2012, 13:23,
Apparently the condom and quoran stockpiling lady calls herself Prepperchick and has her own forum / blog

29 November 2012, 13:25,
The man in the article is cavealaska on youtube
29 November 2012, 14:11,
A much better image than I would have imagined portrayed. Also nice to see the idiotic remarks have been given the red arrows on the DM site. There are a hell of a lot of people, hundreds if not thousands of people in the UK doing something similar - from grannies with pantries to guys with garages and sheds filled with canned goods, those growing their potatoes and onions foe the year, those whos own birds provide meat and eggs, those who brew country wines and so on.

Think of all of the different people you have come across online doing those types of things, for each one you know about I bet their are tens you do and will not.
29 November 2012, 14:12,
(29 November 2012, 13:25)Metroyeti Wrote: The man in the article is cavealaska on youtube

yep, thought so, he's on Unwanted Knitting Patterns-which must tell you something!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 November 2012, 14:13,
(29 November 2012, 13:23)NorthernRaider Wrote: Apparently the condom and quoran stockpiling lady calls herself Prepperchick and has her own forum / blog

I think she has along way to go bless her.Rolleyes I just think that some of these preppers had no foundation from which to build up from. I personally don't give a toss for 'EMPs' 'Super Volcanos' or a full scale invasion by China, I prep for a wide range of possible threats and I can use my equipment for any number of uses. Having a clear plan, simple equipment and a knowledge of how to use your eqiupment goes a very long way.

Some mistakes I picked up on 'If you want protein then you must be prepared to hunt' I'm a hunter, but when I want protein I buy a massive bag of soya or chick peas from the Asian food shop.

'The Government may use CS or nerve gas on Civilians'....really nerve gas?!? Well a dodgey looking respirator with no canister is not going to help much.

'This Gas Mask was worn by the SAS'...yes but it could have also been worn by a fat hairey arsed Navy Chef from Glasgow...Big Grin
29 November 2012, 15:08, (This post was last modified: 29 November 2012, 15:17 by NorthernRaider.)
I notice this as the top rated comment, Mr Orical is clearly very wise AND over 449 people voted for that comment.

FIRST rule of prepping - you DON'T talk about your prepping. SECOND rule of prepping, you DON'T talk about your prepping. THIRD rule of prepping - YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT YOUR PREPPING!!!!

- OricAL, Awake n fresh out of Bubblegum, United Kingdom, 29/11/2012

Anyway at least they did not humiliate the prepping community (to much) but their opsec is shot and for that I sympathise for them because they are simply trying to do the right thing and get our message out.