Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban homesteader not prepper or survivalist
29 November 2012, 15:47,
RE: Urban homesteader not prepper or survivalist
the sad point is, not only did the newspaper print his full name, but also the area of Stockport where he lives, it wouldnt take someone long to find out where his house is, then how long would his preps last? just goes to show you really must guard against giving out ANY information to the media, they'll only twist it to their own advantages, check out the comments after the piece!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 November 2012, 17:05, (This post was last modified: 29 November 2012, 17:13 by NorthernRaider.)
(29 November 2012, 15:47)bigpaul Wrote: the sad point is, not only did the newspaper print his full name, but also the area of Stockport where he lives, it wouldnt take someone long to find out where his house is, then how long would his preps last? just goes to show you really must guard against giving out ANY information to the media, they'll only twist it to their own advantages, check out the comments after the piece!

Oh I'm sure SD and the other preppers in that area are on the case as we speak ?
FIRST rule of prepping - you DON'T talk about your prepping. SECOND rule of prepping, you DON'T talk about your prepping. THIRD rule of prepping - YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT YOUR PREPPING!!!!

- OricAL, Awake n fresh out of Bubblegum, United Kingdom, 29/11/2012

Aricals comment now has 1153 green arrows in favour of it.

29 November 2012, 17:53,
I've just skim-read some of the DM comments. Virtually all the readers are fixated on prepping being about some outlandish/apocalyptic end of the world scenario & therefore ridiculing the preppers. You only need to look to the financial disaster in Greece to see how teotwawki has happened there for tens of thousands of people already. I don't think being realistic about the current state of european financial affairs and having a skeptical attitude towards the ability of the state to provide if the shtf makes me 'mentally ill' or 'deluded' - rather the other way round. I wouldn't have gone on the show personally.
29 November 2012, 18:00,
P28 your reading example of the same sort of mentality that said Hitler would not start a war, the miners would not go on strike etc.

29 November 2012, 20:11,
I'd just like to quote you what one person said:" if what they predict really does come true i wouldn't want to continue living on a desolate annhilated planet without food,heat, water and decent human contact. if these people want to live in a new ice/stone/dark age good luck to them-i choose to go down with the ship"(end quote). that is probably what most sheeple think, which gives you an idea of what could happen WTSHTF.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 November 2012, 20:40,
Amazing how quick the public forget the massive recent floods, winter blizzards, panic fuel buying, student riots, ethnic riots, poll tax riots, hurricane of 84, drought of 76 etc etc. Salmonella outbreak, Foot & mouth outbreak Chernobyl, Windscale, IRA bombers, 911 , 7/7. Miners strikes, power cuts, unburied dead, fuel shortages, coal shortages, flying pickets, militant tendency etc etc

29 November 2012, 22:59,
We have a few women on here yet she makes out like she is the only one. I bet there most women are preppers at heart and like full cupboards.

I'll call round and introduce myself. I have a friend who lives in that area.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 November 2012, 23:14,
The green ticks are up to 3046 now for the online comment about the first, second and thrid rules

30 November 2012, 16:59, (This post was last modified: 30 November 2012, 17:01 by Prepper1.)
Thats the thing isn't it though, do "they" know about the u.k. prepping scene?

Its not that long ago even an m.p. wasn't aware of what mcdonald's was or how much bread and milk cost...

It realy would be facinating to know if we were on radar or some sort of list...

Sometimes I think we may be, yet with all the evidence of the ptb not being able to organise a piss up in a brewery, I wonder...

Do they think were a bit crazy and dotty like the daily mail readers?

An object of ridicule and to be pitied?

I'd love to know.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
30 November 2012, 17:36,
yes, so would i, what do the public know about preppers(apart from the DM and TV shows) and how much does TPTB know??Big Grin