Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
So What does Your Other Half Think?
30 November 2012, 12:51,
RE: So What does Your Other Half Think?
Mines a Jehovas witness apprentice....

ERRRggggggghhhh!!!!! religion cant stand it myself.

Every time I go past a church I burst into flames....SmileSmileSmile

Aparently Jehovas going to save her when the shtf...

She knows where me and my two boys will be so she can make her way there..

Only thing is she'll be taking my little girl if it happens so....SadSadSad

I could force the matter and kidnap them both but that'd be a security compromise for one and if they dont want to come I suppose I should respect her wishes.

I'll miss them but what can you do??

I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
30 November 2012, 13:43,
Thankfully my Wife was leaving the 'Door Knockers For God Brigade' when I met her. Now she has turned to the darkside of the force.Big Grin
30 November 2012, 15:07,
Prepper1. Decide what your priorities are. I would suggest that Bugging Out at the last minute will be impossible but you could plan and prepare for them for when an event happens. Then decide how you will pick up the pieces.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 November 2012, 16:53,
(30 November 2012, 15:07)Skean Dhude Wrote: Prepper1. Decide what your priorities are. I would suggest that Bugging Out at the last minute will be impossible but you could plan and prepare for them for when an event happens. Then decide how you will pick up the pieces.

Thanks for the concern, they are included in the plans, I've made them deliberately flexible for that reason.

Luckily I have the "Make do and get on with it" type of personality so whilst it'll pain me on the inside should it happen, it wont stop me getting on with things.

Thing like that are best for quiet contemplation somewhere sometime.

I aim to survive no matter if I'm the last living thing on earth...

I'll just adapt and start eating rocks and dirt.

Adapt, Overcome, Survive, Thrive...

I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
30 November 2012, 20:58,
(30 November 2012, 16:53)Prepper1 Wrote:
(30 November 2012, 15:07)Skean Dhude Wrote: Prepper1. Decide what your priorities are. I would suggest that Bugging Out at the last minute will be impossible but you could plan and prepare for them for when an event happens. Then decide how you will pick up the pieces.

Thanks for the concern, they are included in the plans, I've made them deliberately flexible for that reason.

Luckily I have the "Make do and get on with it" type of personality so whilst it'll pain me on the inside should it happen, it wont stop me getting on with things.

Thing like that are best for quiet contemplation somewhere sometime.

I aim to survive no matter if I'm the last living thing on earth...

I'll just adapt and start eating rocks and dirt.

Adapt, Overcome, Survive, Thrive...

Hi Prepper1,
If it helps I have a recipe for 'Watch Tower Ala Reggae Reggae Sauce' followed by 'Awake Magazine and Evaporated Milk' Yum!Big Grin
30 November 2012, 22:08,
My wife's a natural. When the kids were younger, she coined a Mission Statement for our house; "Get On With It!". She has a broad skill set and is especially skilled in knitting, dressmaking and gardening. She'll rustle up an amazing meal from just about anything, and we always have a well-stocked larder. She was a young leader in the Guides, and is skilled in campcraft. She's fairly open minded about the whole "we're going to hell in a handcart" thing, and isn't as wary about the future as I am, but she just has a natural prepping mentality that means she doesn't have to have a reason to prep. She just does it anyway. She's certainly happy to do her share of being down first thing in the morning to clear out the Rayburn.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
30 November 2012, 22:32,
(30 November 2012, 22:08)Tarrel Wrote: My wife's a natural. When the kids were younger, she coined a Mission Statement for our house; "Get On With It!". She has a broad skill set and is especially skilled in knitting, dressmaking and gardening. She'll rustle up an amazing meal from just about anything, and we always have a well-stocked larder. She was a young leader in the Guides, and is skilled in campcraft. She's fairly open minded about the whole "we're going to hell in a handcart" thing, and isn't as wary about the future as I am, but she just has a natural prepping mentality that means she doesn't have to have a reason to prep. She just does it anyway. She's certainly happy to do her share of being down first thing in the morning to clear out the Rayburn.

You certainly have a great partner there Tarrel. My wife has never liked any sort of forum that I have been involved with, yet she is hopefully joining this forum tomorrow and she wants to go on a 'ladies prepping course' so it just goes to show doesn't it how 'prepping' is a very natural thing for women.

I was told that it was because women are natural getherers for their families that the shops and shopping industry target them directly and use that wonderful talent they have inorder to empty their purses.

I'm hoping that 'Survival UK' has some training courses for the ladies, from what I have read on here so far both male and female members are up for it. It's gratifying to know that many of us have not only the full support of our partners, but in many cases the ladies/men are taking the lead.

All we need to do now is convince the 'Non Believers'Wink