Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
time for war
28 October 2011, 14:17,
RE: time for war
(28 October 2011, 14:12)NorthernRaider Wrote: No nation on earth has defeated the Brits on their own in warfare for hundreds of years, but our enemies have learned they can defeat us with lawyers and politicians instead.

especially our own govt which is made up of politicians who are mostly lawyers.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 October 2011, 14:39,
then the politians send us to war with nothing dressing things up to suit them selfs and saying it's for the greater good.
i don't mind helping with forgin aid but not at the expense to the defence of are country with out a good defence you lose what you have when the aggressor comes and takes it.
if the gov want to kill are armed forces off the we need a full nuclear fleet more than we have now and be willing to use then it would work as a good deterant
because if war had to happen there wouldn't be much left anyway?
to win the war, you must be willing to die
28 October 2011, 14:47,
I cant see the point of nuclear arms, i mean what is the point of starting a war, nuking the hell out of a country and then there is nothing left for you to take over and run for yourselves, to say nothing of the land would be radio active for centuries to come?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 October 2011, 14:55,
Modern nukes are no longer of the city destroying, fallout creating multi megaton type planet wreckets. thanks to modern inertial guidance systems they are now in the kiloton range that can knock out a bunker, silo or cluster of tanks without polluting the environment for a million years. Larger tactical nukes are all air burst more noted for blast, heat and EMP than for digging city sized craters.

Would'nt mind firing one at the next TUC gathering Angel

(28 October 2011, 14:47)bigpaul Wrote: I cant see the point of nuclear arms, i mean what is the point of starting a war, nuking the hell out of a country and then there is nothing left for you to take over and run for yourselves, to say nothing of the land would be radio active for centuries to come?

28 October 2011, 15:06, (This post was last modified: 28 October 2011, 15:19 by grumpy old man.)
nuclears arms if used right and you have the right amount is the best weapon you can have.
the reason being if you enemy knows you have them and willing to fire and destroy everything then war would be evoided as they lose everthing and will have nothing to gain you can't use them to start a war only as a end game and you need a lot more than we have now
sort of having a fight with someone and working the risk of winning out if you only get a bust lip and bloody nose you'll be up for it but if you know your neck's going to get snapped and the some to your family back home then you just wouldn't
unless your stuiped
a famous samurai said "to win you must be ready to die"
same nukes just help to make a war
every weapon is a tool and to be use for the job needed
when neclear reduction happened the risk of use and war went up
when you get people with out knowladge shouting about neclear dissarmement
they don't understand that other countries will keep theirs and makes us just like poland or neatherlands during ww 2 just because you don't want war you shouldn't think other countries won't either
28 October 2011, 15:20,
If you want peace, prepare for war. (old proverb)
If you want normalcy prepare for chaos (prepper version)

28 October 2011, 17:06,
[quote='NorthernRaider' pid='1101' dateline='1319810106']
Modern nukes are no longer of the city destroying, fallout creating multi megaton type planet wreckets.
[/quote)

maybe not, still dont think it would be very nice to live through! anybody know what percentage of the countries population would be left after one of these blasts? or does it just take out the infrastructure?
28 October 2011, 21:29,
NR
that's my veiw
29 October 2011, 09:12,
To be that wise you must be a northerner RolleyesConfused

(28 October 2011, 21:29)grumpy old man Wrote: NR
that's my veiw

29 October 2011, 23:39,
oh yes and how do you put them faces on your post i can only do it on threads????