Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raging battle in Damascus (Syria Capital)
29 November 2012, 18:06,
Raging battle in Damascus (Syria Capital)
http://rt.com/news/syria-damascus-airport-clashes-914/

"Heavy clashes between Syrian rebels and government forces outside Damascus has forced the closure of the main airport road. Two Austrian UN soldiers were injured in the ongoing gun battle as major airlines canceled flights to the city.
The UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) said that intense fighting was raging "along all the areas along the road" to the International airport, southeast of the city.
Two Austrian peacekeeping soldiers were wounded on Thursday when their convoy came under fire near the airport, the defense ministry in Vienna said. One soldier was shot in the arm, the other in the shoulder. Neither soldier is in critical condition. A vehicle from their convoy was also seriously damaged in the melee. "
29 November 2012, 18:28,
RE: Raging battle in Damascus (Syria Capital)
It's been an interesting year in the Middle East. I wonder what the world will look like when the dust settles.Huh
29 November 2012, 18:34,
very dusty id imagine Wink

but in all seriousness, Assad is losing grip on the capital and the CIA funded rebels are taking more ground day by day, but take a look at Egypt, they get rid of one president (Hosni Mubarak) and now they have Mohamed Morsi in charge and the people are still protesting, leadership will come and go but its what the people want that affects a country the most, but back on topic, With Syria, i can see peacekeeping operations going up a notch, as this is flaring up quite seriously over the past couple of weeks (especially with Syria and Israel taking pot shots at each other at the Golan Heights)
29 November 2012, 18:46,
We certainly live in interesting times. The more I know the more I'm convinced that we are heading for a complete collapse of the world system as we know it. It is going to be very difficult and may take years to level out, but change is needed and soon.

Your time will come yet ‘Freeborn John Lilburne’.
29 November 2012, 19:09,
Everythings fine in egypt bbc aint reported it....oh the joys of goverment censorship
29 November 2012, 19:11,
Their now saying that the internets been cut in syria.
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
29 November 2012, 19:18,
So long as its muslim against musim, or muslim against Israeli I dont actually care, its when its muslim against Christian that I take notice.

29 November 2012, 19:24,
i'm not to bothered what happens in The Middle East TBH, if they want to murder each other its nothing to me, i'm just concerned if it has a knock on effect here with the resident mussies.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 November 2012, 19:27,
What I'm worried about is our lads being dragged into another war/fight that doesn't really concern us.
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
29 November 2012, 20:20,
(29 November 2012, 19:27)Pagan-Mist Wrote: What I'm worried about is our lads being dragged into another war/fight that doesn't really concern us.

Dont you mean "peacekeeping operations" Wink