Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Justice at Last for SAS Man!
1 December 2012, 15:58,
RE: Justice at Last for SAS Man!
Yes and the super grasses are the last people to be allowed to have a pistol, they have in the past killed people served a bit of time and been given new identities for grassing up their family and friends. I think that is a f**king insult to even class an army man in this catergory, this man fought for his country and TPTB f**cked up, his life may well be in danger now cause his face and name have been plastered every where, the bloke has PTSD he should have everyones support
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
1 December 2012, 19:44,
(1 December 2012, 11:08)SealDriver Wrote:
(1 December 2012, 09:47)Oggydoggy100 Wrote: When it comes down to it what would have happened if this side arm along with 400 rounds of 9mm ammo got into the hands of criminals???? The SAS has had an unauthorised weapons amnesty since all this happened and my God, a whole bloody arsenal was handed in! Don't forget this weapon was not locked away in a secure location. Ask yoursels this, the Iraqis may have given him the Glock 17, but where was the 400 rounds of ammo from????

If he was in Iraq at the time of recieving the Glock he would be allowed to have the 400 rounds also, due to the fact that everyone seems to have a gun and I imagine that the weapon would have been for personal protection so there would be no cause for alarm.

Think of this, if you were working in a country that everyone had guns and folks got shot, kidnapped or blown up every day would you not also have weapons? The SAS are highly trusted individuals if this man had not been ill and the circumstances had not over took him then this would of never happened.

It is very easy to have the British mindset of 'Guns are bad and only bad people have them' but that is a product of the media, the Government and the lack of guns owned by the public due to heavy restrictions placed on gun ownership in the UK. If the threat of guns falling into the hands of criminals was so great then the police would stop issung shotguns and rifles to hunters and club shooters and in fact take them off UK gun owners. Drilled out replicas, starting pistols and Eastern Block former military weapons are the guns that criminals tend to have. For British Military Weaponary or Legally owned firearms to end up in the hands of criminals is extremely rare.

Another thing, if SAS men have been handing in 'War Trophy Firearms' maybe the fact that they have these is because like us they just want to protect their families, after all they have seen what is happening in the world, unlike us they can have the tools to provide maximum protection to those families.

I certainly know that when I left the Forces I felt naked without a firearm, I had carried either a 9mm pistol or a SMG/SLR or SA80 for most of my 11 year service, it was a tool just like a hammer, chainsaw or a steering wheel and just like all of these other tools only in the wrong hands are they dangerous.

In reply to your post: Please consider this! My partner worked as a G.P. in Hereford back in the early 1990s I was working on a excavation at the Cathedral. During her time working as a locum for two years she had to section three Ex-SAS guys, one found with a loaded 9mm Browning! So tell me are the SAS infalable? Also had the unfortunate experience of meeting several SAS/SBS individuals whilst I was serving in Israel. So please!
1 December 2012, 19:51, (This post was last modified: 1 December 2012, 19:56 by NorthernRaider.)
Yup and I had similar unpleasant expereiences meeting members of the Golani Brigade, but overall the SAS are the best of the best and if anyone in the UK should not be questoned about suitability to carry a gun OD it should be them.
Do you think the criminal underworld need to go to squaddies for guns !!!!!, shit you can go into almost any city center and get em.

Disarming the law abidding does not prevent gun crime it just creats victims in waiting, we now live in a society where the police are armed (they being the least suitable people to be given guns) the criminals are armed and the citizens are left stuck in the middle.

Also relating to violent gun crime, in the UK lawfully held guns were always used in less than 1% of recorded gun crime, and most of that 1% was suicides by farmers.

Even our gun control laws are a discredited bare faced lie, the government says " Self Defence" is not just reason for any citizen to be issued a gun licence, BUT that is EACTLY the reason guns were issued to some government ministers.

1 December 2012, 20:11,
In reply to your post: Please consider this! My partner worked as a G.P. in Hereford back in the early 1990s I was working on a excavation at the Cathedral. During her time working as a locum for two years she had to section three Ex-SAS guys, one found with a loaded 9mm Browning! So tell me are the SAS infalable? Also had the unfortunate experience of meeting several SAS/SBS individuals whilst I was serving in Israel. So please!

1 December 2012, 20:15,
(1 December 2012, 20:11)Oggydoggy100 Wrote: In reply to your post: Please consider this! My partner worked as a G.P. in Hereford back in the early 1990s I was working on a excavation at the Cathedral. During her time working as a locum for two years she had to section three Ex-SAS guys, one found with a loaded 9mm Browning! So tell me are the SAS infalable? Also had the unfortunate experience of meeting several SAS/SBS individuals whilst I was serving in Israel. So please!

So when she was discussing this with you was she doing it with you in some kind of supervisory role to her or was she just disregarding patient confidentiality and ethics? Did you show as much disregard whilst you were working in the community where these men may have had family and friends in discussing their sectioning as you have done here?
1 December 2012, 21:51,
They are wound up like springs, go long periods without proper sleep and nourishment, have to witness horrific sights and yet have to maintain fitness levels akin to Olympic athletes. When the high octane active service term comes to an end, the body can go into a kind of post traumatic shock that would threaten the integrity of most people's nervous systems. I can see why some of them end up as psychiatric patients. I've seen it with ex RUC here in NI too.
2 December 2012, 12:42,
There are always people that snap. Three out of the thousands that go through there. Much better odds that the Houses of Parliament.

You can't treat everyone as a risk because of the outliers. Extreme cases make bad laws.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 December 2012, 19:40,
The main thing is that he is now free after being judged and now released. I hope that he can put this behind him and enjoy a full and rewarding life with his young family. After all this is a loving family man, not just a 'Red Top' Story.

A very Merry Christmas to the Nightingale Family!.Smile
3 December 2012, 01:05,
About time sense has prevailed and he is home where he belongs :o)