Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Justice at Last for SAS Man!
29 November 2012, 20:28,
RE: Justice at Last for SAS Man!
Two points spring to mind
First if this chap is good enough to be part of 22SAS and on top of that sniper trained how come its OK for him to carry a gun anywhere in the UK whilst on duty, but the minute he is off duty he is suddenly deemed unfit to be able to own a gun.

Second

If we had to pick a section of society that would be deemed the absolute most suitable people to be armed we automatically accept SAS / SBS/ SFSG rght across the world as being the absolute best of the best. BUT if you wanted a few even better than that the apaex of the armed warrior you would pick an SAS trained Sniper, theres no one better on the planet. So who else should be armed??

29 November 2012, 20:29,
If the Police are so interested in removing illegal guns off the street they can try hitting a few of the local criminals. It's not hard they are rented out from pubs to idiots who want to kill or intimidate.

Just another easy bust that they don't have to get their hands dirty on.
29 November 2012, 20:30,
(29 November 2012, 20:28)NorthernRaider Wrote: Two points spring to mind
First if this chap is good enough to be part of 22SAS and on top of that sniper trained how come its OK for him to carry a gun anywhere in the UK whilst on duty, but the minute he is off duty he is suddenly deemed unfit to be able to own a gun.

Second

If we had to pick a section of society that would be deemed the absolute most suitable people to be armed we automatically accept SAS / SBS/ SFSG rght across the world as being the absolute best of the best. BUT if you wanted a few even better than that the apaex of the armed warrior you would pick an SAS trained Sniper, theres no one better on the planet. So who else should be armed??

Completely agree with you
A major part of survival is invisibility.
29 November 2012, 20:30,

Second

yeah would of fort he had a FAC anyway
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
29 November 2012, 20:59,

Second

(29 November 2012, 20:30)Barneyboy Wrote:

Second

yeah would of fort he had a FAC anyway

For a great many reason Service Personnel can carry firearms in the UK in and out of uniform without a FAC. I have done so myself and I wasn't Special Forces. Even if he had a FAC unless the pistol was on his 'ticket' it would still have been an offence. He wasn't carrying it and it seems to have been a genuine mistake. Our UK Forces are top people, they don't take the carrying of Firearms lightly. Plenty of people were killed by cars drivers last year, but we still drive cars. This is just typical of the attitude we have in this country of guns.
29 November 2012, 22:06,
He should live in Ulster where gun laws are still sane.
29 November 2012, 22:09,
(29 November 2012, 22:06)cryingfreeman Wrote: He should live in Ulster where gun laws are still sane.

Too true mate, all the builders/contractors that worked on the Military Bases had guns for self protection, they had some very nice revolvers and pistols indeed.Rolleyes
30 November 2012, 00:01,
He should not have been bullied into pleading guilty, however, even if he thought he knew what should have been in the box, he should have checked. Had it been a listening device and we - or some one who could have used it to their advantage - had heard him spilling his guts to his Mrs he may have just died of something simple next deployment or training exercise.

What I am saying is that it is understandable that he did not know, but in the position he was in inexcusable he did not know. Does not remove the idiocy of who his advocate was - he should have been taken off operations and moved into a training role full time. Not sent to jail and defo not had his ID splashed across the press.
30 November 2012, 00:38,
(29 November 2012, 22:09)SealDriver Wrote:
(29 November 2012, 22:06)cryingfreeman Wrote: He should live in Ulster where gun laws are still sane.

Too true mate, all the builders/contractors that worked on the Military Bases had guns for self protection, they had some very nice revolvers and pistols indeed.Rolleyes

Gun clubs are very popular here in NI amongst the middle classes too, where Glocks are particularly common these days. I was round at my mate's house a few years ago and he had the Glock's bullets lying on his rug in the lounge as he handed it to me and invited me to go ahead and cock the thing... I had no idea what to do, to my embarrassment. Yet he sleeps with it under his pillow (ex RUC man).
30 November 2012, 10:09,
dont the ex sas have fire arms anyway because they my of pissed off some very nasty people doing what they do
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!