Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Justice at Last for SAS Man!
30 November 2012, 11:20,
RE: Justice at Last for SAS Man!
(30 November 2012, 10:09)Barneyboy Wrote: dont the ex sas have fire arms anyway because they my of pissed off some very nasty people doing what they do

According to 'The Feather Men' novel yes they do.
1 December 2012, 08:33,
(30 November 2012, 11:20)SealDriver Wrote:
(30 November 2012, 10:09)Barneyboy Wrote: dont the ex sas have fire arms anyway because they my of pissed off some very nasty people doing what they do

According to 'The Feather Men' novel yes they do.

they have to request a special firearms certificate before they leave the regiment, which is reviewed every 12 months , it allows those ex troopers considered to be under threat or in danger to hold and carry their service pistol only, it does not cover any other firearms at all and can be with drawn at anytime if and when it is considered they are no longer in danger .

fact and fiction are completely different!
1 December 2012, 09:22,
(29 November 2012, 20:22)gary5wift Wrote: As I understand it the pistol was packed into his sealed kit box and shipped back to the UK when he was brought back to the UK following injury on duty, which resulted in memory loss. The box was searched 2 yeas later and the seal was unbroken during an incident relating to one of his mates. He wasn't even aware that the gun was there. His legal team advised him that if he pleaded guilty he would get a token sentence but if he was found guilty he was looking at time in prison. He pleaded guilty as advised and was sent to prison any way.

Think that about sums it up but Im open to being corrected.

I was about stick my two pence worth in till I read this, Ive only seen the headlines so was of the opinion that he should of known better but after reading this think it's a joke! I hope him and his family can get there lives bak on track now.
1 December 2012, 09:47,
When it comes down to it what would have happened if this side arm along with 400 rounds of 9mm ammo got into the hands of criminals???? The SAS has had an unauthorised weapons amnesty since all this happened and my God, a whole bloody arsenal was handed in! Don't forget this weapon was not locked away in a secure location. Ask yoursels this, the Iraqis may have given him the Glock 17, but where was the 400 rounds of ammo from????
1 December 2012, 10:45,
the thing that still gets me is the police raided his home! they still have not said why they raided him! i am guessing it was a tip off and considering it was packed into his belonging while he was not there and in hospital why has the person that packed his thing up not be charged with smuggling? or was it that person that tipped off the police?
1 December 2012, 11:08,
(1 December 2012, 09:47)Oggydoggy100 Wrote: When it comes down to it what would have happened if this side arm along with 400 rounds of 9mm ammo got into the hands of criminals???? The SAS has had an unauthorised weapons amnesty since all this happened and my God, a whole bloody arsenal was handed in! Don't forget this weapon was not locked away in a secure location. Ask yoursels this, the Iraqis may have given him the Glock 17, but where was the 400 rounds of ammo from????

If he was in Iraq at the time of recieving the Glock he would be allowed to have the 400 rounds also, due to the fact that everyone seems to have a gun and I imagine that the weapon would have been for personal protection so there would be no cause for alarm.

Think of this, if you were working in a country that everyone had guns and folks got shot, kidnapped or blown up every day would you not also have weapons? The SAS are highly trusted individuals if this man had not been ill and the circumstances had not over took him then this would of never happened.

It is very easy to have the British mindset of 'Guns are bad and only bad people have them' but that is a product of the media, the Government and the lack of guns owned by the public due to heavy restrictions placed on gun ownership in the UK. If the threat of guns falling into the hands of criminals was so great then the police would stop issung shotguns and rifles to hunters and club shooters and in fact take them off UK gun owners. Drilled out replicas, starting pistols and Eastern Block former military weapons are the guns that criminals tend to have. For British Military Weaponary or Legally owned firearms to end up in the hands of criminals is extremely rare.

Another thing, if SAS men have been handing in 'War Trophy Firearms' maybe the fact that they have these is because like us they just want to protect their families, after all they have seen what is happening in the world, unlike us they can have the tools to provide maximum protection to those families.

I certainly know that when I left the Forces I felt naked without a firearm, I had carried either a 9mm pistol or a SMG/SLR or SA80 for most of my 11 year service, it was a tool just like a hammer, chainsaw or a steering wheel and just like all of these other tools only in the wrong hands are they dangerous.

1 December 2012, 11:25,
(1 December 2012, 10:45)Tigs Wrote: the thing that still gets me is the police raided his home! they still have not said why they raided him! i am guessing it was a tip off and considering it was packed into his belonging while he was not there and in hospital why has the person that packed his thing up not be charged with smuggling? or was it that person that tipped off the police?

He had a mate staying with him after he had split up with his Mrs. She had called the police saying something along the lines of 'You should see the gear my husband has' referring to stuff he was allowed to have but she thought he was not, hoping just to piss him off.

Because the police thought that weapons could have been hidden anywhere in the house, they checked everywhere.
1 December 2012, 11:30,
its a hard one the gun its self i understand cant it be put on his FAC straight away before he gets in the uk would of thught they wood make this so
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
1 December 2012, 11:54,
Well, as Tigs said, it is only in very exceptional circumstances that anyone can have a pistol. He would have to have received an Osman Warning from the police (police have intelligence that their is a serious and real threat to life or serious injury) - publicly, two options are open on receiving one of these - relocation or protective custody, but the option does exist for a Chief Constable to decide that the individual can have a fire arm for self defense and this is a reasonable reason to be exempted from the law that pistols are illegal for people to own in day to day lives.

I know an Ex-IRA informant was involved in a gun fight in North Tyneside a few years back - no action was taken against him as he had been given permission to have a pistol.
1 December 2012, 14:45,
(1 December 2012, 11:54)BDG Wrote: Well, as Tigs said, it is only in very exceptional circumstances that anyone can have a pistol. He would have to have received an Osman Warning from the police (police have intelligence that their is a serious and real threat to life or serious injury) - publicly, two options are open on receiving one of these - relocation or protective custody, but the option does exist for a Chief Constable to decide that the individual can have a fire arm for self defense and this is a reasonable reason to be exempted from the law that pistols are illegal for people to own in day to day lives.

I know an Ex-IRA informant was involved in a gun fight in North Tyneside a few years back - no action was taken against him as he had been given permission to have a pistol.

yeah that right he was a super grass and has a sidearm with him all time has no FAC ,i think this could of been handled better me thinks
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!