Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice going forward - how to begin with Wind power Generation.
24 February 2013, 21:41,
RE: Advice going forward - how to begin with Wind power Generation.
(24 February 2013, 20:11)Highlander Wrote: If you are starting on a smaller scale,... why not look into the wind power systems that are fitted to boats, most yachts have these systems,... I was going to look into them myself

If you do copy your research to AL cos we have been discussing micro turbine for his place today ( trying to sell him a vertical axis turbine Smile )

25 February 2013, 12:34,
RE: Advice going forward - how to begin with Wind power Generation.
(24 February 2013, 20:22)SecretPrepper Wrote:
(4 December 2012, 09:52)Scythe13 Wrote: Me and the wife are getting our own place soon....hopefully.

I'll be experimenting with alternative power soon too.

Will post everything new and interesting up for you on here.
Look forward on seeing your experiments. solar and wind is what im looking into when we get our place

I've got a trickle feeder solar panel into a large car battery (from a 2.2 TDI Vectra) and have added a cigarette lighter attachment. Into that I have my phone running, as well as the wife's phone. The battery was previously dead, and instead of charging it, I just bought another battery. So put the small solar panel onto the old 'dead' battery.

I used the logic that the Freeloader Pico charger (I have 2) can charge a phone, and the size of this panel is about 20 pico's, so will be able to charge the phones as fast as need be.

Looking at building one thing every few months. So will keep everyone up to date with it all, as of and when, and if.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin