Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rat pack pouches
2 December 2012, 18:12,
RE: Rat pack pouches
(2 December 2012, 14:46)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Skean, I'm on about the pouches of food from ration packs.

Metro, £20 a box is the average price I have found for complete 24hr ration box. Last time I bought them they were about £6 a box.

NR, cheers for the link. Ill have a look & see.

20 pound a pack bloody hell thats gone up
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
2 December 2012, 18:14,
bought a ration box at 2011 Wilderness Gathering, cost me £5, but i wasnt impressed with the contents!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 December 2012, 18:20,
i got some of this MRE no fire heat you meal not to bad still like the british army rats best oat block is the best
2 December 2012, 18:57,
Ah. Right. Thank you. I got a big batch a few months ago. I'm not a great lover of it but it is after all for emergency use. Wouldn't pay £20 though.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 December 2012, 20:45,
I can recommend the look 'what i found meals' i keep 12 in my landrover at all times. Only they can be abit small on size of meals but you also bulk it out with choccie bars etc.
Failure is NOT an option
2 December 2012, 20:54,
I'm thinking of going down the route of cup a soups, mars bars & mint cake. It's only for emergency car rations. I might buy one of those meals to try, see what they taste like.
2 December 2012, 23:31,
(2 December 2012, 20:54)Geordie_Rob Wrote: I'm thinking of going down the route of cup a soups, mars bars & mint cake. It's only for emergency car rations. I might buy one of those meals to try, see what they taste like.

there ok i think but i would not keep them in your car for long term the heat will not do them any good
2 December 2012, 23:45,
I'm just thinking over winter & the bad weather period mate. I can remember 2 winters ago stuck in my car moving about 20m in 3hrs. My plan if it happens again is to pull up on side of road (since we won't be going anywhere anyway), get camp cooker out, open a window for ventilation & have a brew/soup & chill while everyone else loses the will to live. I had the tyre covers last time to deal with the roads but I hadn't counted on all the other buggers getting in the way Smile
2 December 2012, 23:49, (This post was last modified: 3 December 2012, 00:04 by Barneyboy.)
(2 December 2012, 23:45)Geordie_Rob Wrote: I'm just thinking over winter & the bad weather period mate. I can remember 2 winters ago stuck in my car moving about 20m in 3hrs. My plan if it happens again is to pull up on side of road (since we won't be going anywhere anyway), get camp cooker out, open a window for ventilation & have a brew/soup & chill while everyone else loses the will to live. I had the tyre covers last time to deal with the roads but I hadn't counted on all the other buggers getting in the way Smile

yeah dont think the cold is a prob, good idea fort you ment the rat pack