Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the depression begins?
4 December 2012, 19:05,
RE: the depression begins?
Sad One thing I have noticed is the changes to workers contracts made by firms. Also the very small or non-exsistant pay rises for the coming year. If it wasn't for the finanical turmoil most workers would fight these draconian measures, but most folk will take it just because they are glad to be employed.Sad
4 December 2012, 19:24,
My team and I haven't had a pay rise in 7 years and in fact we lost £50 per week in a cut 2 years ago and we have had 3 promise's of wage reviews that have never happened and a 86% increase in our work-load....... 76% of that increase has happened since January this yearExclamation

And then they wonder why morale is so low and that no one will go the extra mile anymore.......

"Double dip rescission" my a**e - full blown depression 100%

MA
4 December 2012, 19:32,
(4 December 2012, 19:05)SealDriver Wrote: Sad One thing I have noticed is the changes to workers contracts made by firms. Also the very small or non-exsistant pay rises for the coming year. If it wasn't for the finanical turmoil most workers would fight these draconian measures, but most folk will take it just because they are glad to be employed.Sad
Know that feeling I get paid the minimum wage for putting up with the crap I do still I refuse to go that extra mile and do any extra if all else fails I can take the dogs out to catch a rabbit or 2 and grow my own veg we won't go hungry lol Big Grin
4 December 2012, 19:32,
They are taking advantage now while they can. When the economy starts changing then they will lose all their skilled workers.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 December 2012, 19:35,
My poor missus has had no wage rise for nearly 3 years nor an increase in her milage allowance for driving to patients and under the last Labour governments Agenda For Change she ended up £300 a month worse off. Now we are all being shafter with 20% VAT, Rapidily insane fuel prices etc, I'm not suprised theres no good will left among anyones staff.

4 December 2012, 19:42, (This post was last modified: 4 December 2012, 19:43 by SealDriver.)
My Governor has just informed us that we have done better this year than ever before, it's been a terrible year and the staff pulled together and got the work done despite the injuries/assaults on staff and staff shortages, we never missed a beat.

For our hardwork we will be recieving no pay rise and our sickness benefits and pay will be slashed by half!Sad
This is why I prep....this recession hasn't even begun.Sad
4 December 2012, 19:49,
(4 December 2012, 19:42)SealDriver Wrote: My Governor has just informed us that we have done better this year than ever before, it's been a terrible year and the staff pulled together and got the work done despite the injuries/assaults on staff and staff shortages, we never missed a beat.

For our hardwork we will be recieving no pay rise and our sickness benefits and pay will be slashed by half!Sad
This is why I prep....this recession hasn't even begun.Sad

Yep my bosses are indian and the same here we get nothing from them at christmas even though out of the group of nursing homes they have ours is the best got to do what u can to get by because they certainly won't help me out in a crisisConfused
4 December 2012, 19:53,
I hear the 5 main big banking groups who trade stocks n shares etc, those same chaps whose activities destroyed the nations banking system are getting an average christmas bonus of over £250,000 each. Just remember that the next time any of you think about voting Labour, Tory or Liberal.

4 December 2012, 19:58,
if anyone notices any more signs of a depression, please use this thread so we can all keep a realistic tab on things. thank you all for your posts. its sad to see how its affected all of us but good to see free minded thinkers coming together!
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
4 December 2012, 19:59,
We are the same shit covered peasants as we have always been to the likes of those rich folk. We live with a few more possessions and we are blinded to the real world by the bullshit that we are fed by the TV.

The films 'They Live' and 'Soilent Green' spring to mind.Angry

Too true Wildman.Wink