Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
April Meet?
6 December 2012, 00:36,
April Meet?
I'm hoping I can organise a successful SUK meet in April.

Date: Friday 12th to Sunday 14th April 2013.

This should hopefully give everyone enough time to arrange time off / transport / car share etc.

I know some of you are more than hesitant about meeting others, and I understand the reason for OPSEC - so if you fall into that category then this obviously isn't for you.

For those that are interested, I'll post more details soon.
Looking into locations at the moment, so if anyone knows a friendly land owner (or is a friendly land owner?) who wouldn't mind giving up a space for us all to camp on then please let me know.

I don't think SUK has managed a forum wide camping meet yet? I know we're spread out quite far and wide, but I'm sure some of you will be willing to put the effort in and travel.

Please reply with your interest here, and PM me if you think you know of a location we could use. I'd rather not go for wild camping on the first one - but also trying to avoid the normal camp sites too. I know a cracking place in South Wales, where we could probably get exclusive use of either the field, the woodland or both - but I'd need to know numbers of attendee's before approaching them. This would also incur a cost, but I'll do my best to keep it as low as possible. If I can get a half decent rate then I'll cover this cost myself.

Anyway, over to you.
6 December 2012, 00:56,
RE: April Meet?
if there is another woman going, I'm up for a meet Smile Wales is ideal Smile
If you change the way you look at things..The things you look at change !
6 December 2012, 07:36,
(6 December 2012, 00:56)Prepaday Wrote: if there is another woman going, I'm up for a meet Smile Wales is ideal Smile

Yes, my wife will be coming, and my little boy. It'll be a family friendly meet, not just a load of weird blokes!
6 December 2012, 09:00,
Sold!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 December 2012, 09:44,
I'm a possible as a family group, but don't know what I will be doing work wise till nearer the time and unfortunately that comes first
6 December 2012, 10:26,
I'd be interested too ..... would have to sell it to the other half and if she's interested then it could be another family type group
6 December 2012, 15:30,
(6 December 2012, 09:44)T-oddity Wrote: I'm a possible as a family group, but don't know what I will be doing work wise till nearer the time and unfortunately that comes first

Completely understandable!

Just to clarify for those of you who may be concerned about your opsec etc, this will just be a SUK meet with exclusive use of whatever location we manage to secure.
6 December 2012, 15:43,
I am so very up for that!

My kids will not be coming as they have stuff doing with their mother on that weekend but I am most certainly up for that.
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
6 December 2012, 15:46,
I've found a company that have private hire fields - only downside is the price. They're VERY expensive. Might be good if you have a few families or big group of friends who want to go camping away from everyone else though: http://www.privatecamping.co.uk
6 December 2012, 17:02,
i am game will have the kids with me also