Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
April Meet?
7 December 2012, 02:31,
RE: April Meet?
plenty of us in the South West too Sichr... Never too far from preppers
7 December 2012, 10:49,
(7 December 2012, 01:22)Sichr20 Wrote: We're looking at moving in the new year and the missus wants to head down Devon way though

if you do, PM me if i can help in any way, depends on which area of Devon you want, i'm based in north Devon-between the top of Dartmoor and the bottom of Exmoor!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 December 2012, 15:53,
Yeah I will do bp, thanks for the offer. The tenancy doesn't run out on this place until April so nothings gonna happen until then. She's got friends down in teignmouth so probably somewhere near there is more likely. I don't really know Devon at all if I'm being honest.

“When an empire fears for its survival, its prime has passed.”
7 December 2012, 15:56,
(7 December 2012, 15:53)Sichr20 Wrote: Yeah I will do bp, thanks for the offer. The tenancy doesn't run out on this place until April so nothings gonna happen until then. She's got friends down in teignmouth so probably somewhere near there is more likely. I don't really know Devon at all if I'm being honest.

Teignmouth is where my OH lived during her teenage years, its down on the south coast, very busy, too many people for my liking. more "Brixham Badger"s stomping grounds than mine.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 December 2012, 16:48,
I've only ever been there once, a few years ago. I'm doing my best to try and persuade her that being out in the sticks is better than a busy town. Slow progress though :/

7 December 2012, 16:52,
(7 December 2012, 16:48)Sichr20 Wrote: I've only ever been there once, a few years ago. I'm doing my best to try and persuade her that being out in the sticks is better than a busy town. Slow progress though :/

Teignmouth/Shaldon is a very busy,"straight" area, full of "yachties" and such, far to busy for a prepper type!!Big Grin
7 December 2012, 16:57,
Right, I have a location!!

It's near Neath, South Wales, on a working farm. We would have the place to ourselves (as technically it's closed down) can camp in either the field, or 16ish acres of woodland. There's a river to use / play in that flows through the woodland. Waterfalls just down the road, and lots in the surrounding area. There aren't any showers any more though, but I'm sure we have enough solar showers amongst us to cope. Or just don't shower Smile

I can arrange for chemical toilets to be on site, so no need to crap in a bush (unless you really want to)

I've been to this place a few times, it really is spectacular. You're left to get on with it, no one comes round to have a nosey etc. Only rules are don't wreck the woodland, pick up your mess and keep the noise down (no amplified music etc)

Still in discussions re price - I'll keep you updated.

If you could PM me with your interest (please state if it's provisional etc) as I will probably have to pay a deposit up front. When it was open to the public it was £5 per person per night. It should be cheaper now though, as no showers etc.
7 December 2012, 18:44,
I was thinking that about it being busy, we've been talking about trying to get a bit of land cos she's keen to try her hand at gardening and I've convinced her to let me get some chickens and other small animals. And South Wales sounds good for a meet too Smile

7 December 2012, 19:47,
one PM sent BM
7 December 2012, 19:53,
(7 December 2012, 19:47)I-K-E Wrote: one PM sent BM

Received and replied Sir!