Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The naughty tesco post got me exploring.
7 December 2012, 00:04,
RE: The naughty tesco post got me exploring.
(6 December 2012, 23:53)Tarrel Wrote:
(6 December 2012, 20:39)Geordie_Rob Wrote: I'm not fussed if its GM as long as it puts food in mine & my family's bellies post shtf

If it's GM Soya, then it's probably "Roundup Ready". Monsanto modify the seed so that it is resistant to Roundup weedkiller. This means the farm can overspray the entire crop with Roundup (Glyphosate) to control weeds, rather than treating the weeds selectively. More efficient. End-result is Roundup in your food. Although it's generally regarded as low-toxicity to humans, there have been reports that it can cause problems as a result of chronic, long-term exposure. (Birth defects, for example).

Personally, I will not knowingly eat any product containing GM soya or corn oil, for this reason.

p.s. Your spag bol sounds like a great meal to me. Nutritionally balanced, tasty and cheap. What more could one ask?

Eating something sprayed with weedkiller like roundup doesn't sound nice at all but like I say, post shtf, as long as we have food in our stomach's we will live for another day. When faced with not eating & dying or eating GM food & staying alive, ill pick GM everytime. During the present time though, ill be sure to look for GM free soya.

The spag bol tasted great. At around 38p per serving (not including the dogs share) it's hard to find cheaper.
7 December 2012, 08:34,
I can't believe I'm reading this on here!! Spag lol with NO MEAT??

There are laws against this, no?
7 December 2012, 10:27, (This post was last modified: 7 December 2012, 10:31 by Scythe13.)
(7 December 2012, 08:34)BeardyMan Wrote: I can't believe I'm reading this on here!! Spag lol with NO MEAT??

There are laws against this, no?

The wife refers to this as Fag-Bol, for my greater understanding. I might have insulted her by laughing at it, so now she calls if Fag-Bol, in an angry tone.
A personal favourite of mine, super healthy when you add 4-5 egg whites and 1 whole egg.

Get a tin of 5 bean salad, drain it and rinse all the beans (that residue stuff is what makes the farts stink).
Empty beans into a bowl, add a load of super hot chunky salsa (Tesco's Hot Salsa is pretty good too)
Then mix and enjoy. A splash of Nando's Hot Piri Piri is always a nice bonus.

Enjoy the boiled egg whites and whole egg with salsa too, and you're good to go.

If you really want to splash out, add a load of spinach and some balsamic vinegar as a side salad!!!

Living the dream!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 December 2012, 18:25,
Personally I think that if you shop around you can avoid the Monstanto crap, I know that I do.....Monstanto operates like a 'Bond Villain' style corporation so I won't be putting any of my money their way. As well as Tescos there are plenty of independant health food shops, I don't use Holland and Barrett because they are expensive and the food doen't seem that healthy.
7 December 2012, 18:32,
Just examined the pack. Would it specifically say if it was GM? There is nothing on it to say it is GM, but equally nothing to say its GM free.

Beardy, we all have to make sacrifices mate. Sadly on this occasion it was bits of cow in spag bol. Like I say though, it didn't taste that bad if I'm honest.
7 December 2012, 18:40,
(7 December 2012, 18:32)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Just examined the pack. Would it specifically say if it was GM? There is nothing on it to say it is GM, but equally nothing to say its GM free.

Beardy, we all have to make sacrifices mate. Sadly on this occasion it was bits of cow in spag bol. Like I say though, it didn't taste that bad if I'm honest.

I think that Tescos have to label GM, although there are ways that big companies can legally get around this, I'll do some research and get back to you mate.WinkWink
7 December 2012, 19:03,
if its got SOYA in it then it IS GM.....all soya is GM!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 December 2012, 19:05,
(7 December 2012, 19:03)bigpaul Wrote: if its got SOYA in it then it IS GM.....all soya is GM!!

Well the whole of the world is poisoned so a little bit more isn't going to make much difference.Shy
7 December 2012, 19:07,
if it comes down to it after TSHTF and all we can find to eat is GM then we've got 2 choices, either eat it or starve.i wouldnt like it, i HATE GM but might be the only option.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 December 2012, 19:15,
Well bugger it. GM or not, I've paid good money for it so I'm going to eat it Smile