Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wilderness Gathering West Knoyle 2013
7 December 2012, 10:50,
RE: Wilderness Gathering West Knoyle 2013
I went last year - didn't rate it that much to be honest. The website makes it sound like it's huge, when in fact it isn't. Both the wife and I were very disappointed. Glad we didn't stump up the money for the full weekend as planned!
Oh, if you do go, take your own food. They only had 1 place to get grub (the other tent was only open in the morning and evening for food) and if you don't like bison burgers then you're stuck. £5 for a burger is a bit cheeky too.
7 December 2012, 10:56,
(7 December 2012, 10:50)BeardyMan Wrote: I went last year - didn't rate it that much to be honest. The website makes it sound like it's huge, when in fact it isn't. Both the wife and I were very disappointed. Glad we didn't stump up the money for the full weekend as planned!
Oh, if you do go, take your own food. They only had 1 place to get grub (the other tent was only open in the morning and evening for food) and if you don't like bison burgers then you're stuck. £5 for a burger is a bit cheeky too.

Its not a huge event but it does have a fair amount of interesting stuff for folks into bushcrafting, but we hijack it as a regular date, fixed location in the SW for preppers to meet.

We were thinking about doing something similar at the Bushcraft show held in Kendal but they moved it south then made it expensive to attend so we binned the idea.

I just hold coffee mornings etc now in the north east its just easier because theres so few of us up here and most dont want to interact with others either Smile.

7 December 2012, 10:57,
yes, and take wellies or something waterproof for your feet! its a working farm and after a few hundred people have walked through the site it gets pretty muddy and slippy!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 December 2012, 11:04,
And watch out for huge great hairy smelly skulking beasts on the farm, you can tell em apart from BP cos he wears a bikers cutoff the rest are buffalo Smile

7 December 2012, 11:13,
Yeah, there were some good stalls, just not many of them unfortunately. I suppose it was my fault for expecting some stonking great festival type thing.
7 December 2012, 11:14,
Yeah! Silly Beardy!

Your fault. You ruined the whole thing!!! haha
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 December 2012, 11:15,
Apparently Dave Budd had one of his knives stolen straight from his stall this year Sad
7 December 2012, 11:39,
Doesnt suprise me at all, whose Dave Budd ?

7 December 2012, 11:49,
(7 December 2012, 11:39)NorthernRaider Wrote: Doesnt suprise me at all, whose Dave Budd ?

Custom knife maker. Had some wonderful pieces. Expensive though. I don't think I could bear to use a £200 knife. I've got a few expensive ones (not that much though) but they're for me to look at, rather than play with.
Stick with my MOD knife or Moras now
7 December 2012, 11:53,
Best knives I've ever had are my mid price Cold Steel Voyagers, the most useable and reliable knife I've had is my AK47 Bayonet, and the Moras are great long lasting EDC knives, I would not waste my money on those expensve gimics. I remember a former member of my group who was a kit freak who bought himself one of those £200 in the 1980s Wilkinson Sword Survival knives, he lost it the first weekend out at the sheep wash near Ostmotherly.