Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knives
16 December 2012, 19:50,
RE: Knives
(16 December 2012, 19:46)Northumbriman Wrote: Hi I don't buy knives at all. I make them. I have been making them for a year or so now. I make bushcrafters, machette's and survival knives. I will put up some pics if anyone has an interest in seeing the ones I have made so far.

would be interested in the survival knives.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 December 2012, 19:24,
I would love to put up some pics etc but at present can't get the formats down to 500kbs so they keep rejecting. I have a completed survival knife with sheath it measures in at 30cms overall with the blade length at 20cm. It has a hardwood grip, full tang one piece construction. The blade is my own design bellying out towards the tip for a chopping edge, clip point with skinning edge and serated rear edge. The blade is 0.5 cm thick high carbon steel and is extremely sharp. I have easily chopped through greenwood staves, battoned timber up to about four inch diamater then sliced tomatos with it. The Sheath is black heavy duty nylon with a front pouch for essentials like emergency compass, waterproof matches and flint firelighter. This is fitted for webbing attachment or standard belt loop. The full knife and sheath are hand made and unique.
28 December 2012, 21:04,
Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of where to get a decent machete? and is it even leagal to own one nowadays?
28 December 2012, 21:18,
Heinnie Haynes is always a good place for knives and machetes - Condor are a good make. I've got several of their products, they are brilliant for the price.
http://www.heinnie.com
Also theres http://www.knifewarehouse.co.uk. The knives on here are crap steel but many are big and scary looking with excellent deterrent effect. There is also a sister site which does some lovely crossbows.
Just because you don't believe they're watching you, doesn't mean they aren't.