Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swedish Army emergency gel cooker/stove
13 December 2012, 14:16,
RE: Swedish Army emergency gel cooker/stove
Maybe it's best to abandon the whole refilling idea for safety reasons.

Do you know if its safe to use these burners in confined spaces (such as cars in an emergency - obviously on a heatproof surface) or if they need ventilation like other stoves for fumes? I'm just thinking in an emergency, it would put heat into the car aswell as provide hot water/food.
13 December 2012, 14:22,
RE: Swedish Army emergency gel cooker/stove
(13 December 2012, 14:16)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Maybe it's best to abandon the whole refilling idea for safety reasons.

Do you know if its safe to use these burners in confined spaces (such as cars in an emergency - obviously on a heatproof surface) or if they need ventilation like other stoves for fumes? I'm just thinking in an emergency, it would put heat into the car aswell as provide hot water/food.

Crack the window a bit and you'll be fine. Obviously in an enclosed space they require oxygen to burn. You need that to breathe. They're only small, but I'd still recommend ventilation of some sort.

I'll still continue to refill mine when they run out (cause I have lots of this Flamos stuff) - I'll just do my best not to set the kitchen alight.