Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Has A Berkefeld?
9 December 2012, 07:22,
RE: Who Has A Berkefeld?
(9 December 2012, 07:12)SealDriver Wrote: Will do 'O Bearded One'.Wink I can only think that you are up at this un-Godly hour looking for 220 litre olive barrels on the tinternet for me.Big Grin

Out in person chap, impossible to haggle over interested! God damn its cold! Be better when the sun comes up!
9 December 2012, 07:25,
It's a good morning I think, one to be savoured and it's hours to be spent wisely. After Hobbits Second breakfast I'm going out to look for farm shops!Big Grin
9 December 2012, 15:45,
I've had a Berkefeld for about a year and the water is fantastic much better than the plastic tasting bottled water (look up 'bpa' oestrogen mimickers found in plastics).
Before this I used to distill water using a 'Megahome' water distiller, the water cost about 10-20 pence a litre.
What was left in the bottom of the distiller after the process - well lets just say it was enough to put you off drinking or even bathing in tap water.
The smell was awful and there was about a tea spoon full of a yellowed oil like substance in the bottom.

Berkefeld all the way for me.
Also do what another guy on these forums does and aerate your water - ie leave it standing in a jug for a few hours to let the chlorine evaporate.
At the moment I'm looking into a Fluoride filter for the Berkefeld - any thoughts?
Cheers Juice.
walk outside the box
9 December 2012, 15:50,
(9 December 2012, 15:45)Juice Wrote: I've had a Berkefeld for about a year and the water is fantastic much better than the plastic tasting bottled water (look up 'bpa' oestrogen mimickers found in plastics).
Before this I used to distill water using a 'Megahome' water distiller, the water cost about 10-20 pence a litre.
What was left in the bottom of the distiller after the process - well lets just say it was enough to put you off drinking or even bathing in tap water.
The smell was awful and there was about a tea spoon full of a yellowed oil like substance in the bottom.

Berkefeld all the way for me.
Also do what another guy on these forums does and aerate your water - ie leave it standing in a jug for a few hours to let the chlorine evaporate.
At the moment I'm looking into a Fluoride filter for the Berkefeld - any thoughts?
Cheers Juice.

Cheers Juice that's great info...thank you!Smile
9 December 2012, 16:52,
just out of interest as I'm also going to look into the berkefeld at a later date due to the NRs post on it but what sort of lifetime do these filters have?

the reason I'll be going down this route is that I've not got much room for water storage and was thinking about rain water storage and in dire needs from the streams in the local park (run of from the local moors)
9 December 2012, 17:04,
(9 December 2012, 16:52)I-K-E Wrote: just out of interest as I'm also going to look into the berkefeld at a later date due to the NRs post on it but what sort of lifetime do these filters have?

the reason I'll be going down this route is that I've not got much room for water storage and was thinking about rain water storage and in dire needs from the streams in the local park (run of from the local moors)

Six months,
but in reality a year plus,
depends on how much you use the filter and what kind of water you put through them; ie tap water, canal/river water or ditch water!
You can even scrub them clean once they start getting blocked.

Cheers Juice.
walk outside the box
9 December 2012, 18:53,
So the only question now is two or four candles..........nah handles for forks!......fork handles!Wink

£119 for the 2 candle top spec version on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stainless-Gravit...=1-1-fkmr0
9 December 2012, 19:30, (This post was last modified: 9 December 2012, 19:31 by NorthernRaider.)
(9 December 2012, 18:53)SealDriver Wrote: So the only question now is two or four candles..........nah handles for forks!......fork handles!Wink

£119 for the 2 candle top spec version on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stainless-Gravit...=1-1-fkmr0

GROSSLY OVER PRICED, Check Avonsoft outhttp://www.avonsoft.com/system/index.html

SS2 c/w SuperSterasyl Candles W9361150 £63.39
SS2 c/w ATC SuperSterasyl Candles W9361151 £64.60
SS4 c/w SuperSterasyl Candles W9361160 £80.63
SS4 c/w ATC SuperSterasyl Candles W9361153 £87.10

YUP £87 for the top of the range FOUR candle unit.

9 December 2012, 19:43,
Thanks N.R. for the top model with four candles it works out at £104 so that's a great saving!
20 December 2012, 15:19,
Well I got sent some Amazon vouchers today, so I put them to good use and bought the Berkefeld. Unfortunately only the two candle version and slightly more pricey than the one N.R put me onto, but as the voucher was for £100 I only had to find the extra £19, so all in all a very good day indeed!

I can't wait to get it now and see what it can do. I also need to look at collecting, filtering and storing rain water for drinking purposes. The garden is flooded again so I might as well do something with all that extra water!Big Grin