Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Has A Berkefeld?
20 December 2012, 20:55,
RE: Who Has A Berkefeld?
Folk up this end will know what I mean when I say that the drinking water comes out brown,.... there are many houses that rely on burns [ streams ] for their drinking water, and often as not it comes out stained brown,...doesnt look too good but tastes good.... its just that the water has been running over peat, and the peat leaves a stain

..... you have just got to hope that there isnt a dead sheep further up the hillside...Smile

incidently,... we are on the mains
A major part of survival is invisibility.
20 December 2012, 21:18,
Hi Highlander,
Yeah I have spent a lot of time in Scotland and I've drunk that brown water...infact I would prefer to drink it over the chemical cocktail that we have in the cities.

When I was at sea the ship made its own drinking water from sea water, this was very soft and pure, the same can be said of your brun water. City water is very hard, gives you very dry skin and tastes pretty nasty......I'd like to have the Berkefeld filtering my tap water, but also rain water should the poop hit the props.Wink

A few years ago now we had many people in this area made seriously ill by bacteria in the drinking water...and there was that incident down in the south west where alluminum got into the drinking water supply.Sad

Until then I'm drinking brown water from the Isle of Islay 'Laphoroaic Quart Cask' neh beasties in that drinking water!Big GrinWink
24 May 2013, 14:45,
I am awaiting the arrival of a 4 element unit from Avonsoft.

This will be used if and when we have to start drawing drinking water from our old well.

Thanks NR. Your pointer to Avonsoft has saved me a considerable amount of cash. Much appreciated mate.
conscius et paratum
24 May 2013, 15:54,
Glad to have been of service Digger.

24 May 2013, 16:08,
Just doing costings on the Berkefeld in case Mrs Digger has a dig at me.....

Average cost of bottled water in UK is greater than £3.00 per litre!!!! I kid you not. http://www.sourcewire.com/news/47328/ave...-per-litre

The 4 candle Berkefeld should be good for around 15,000l so my cost per l is just a little over 1/2p per l.

Pretty convincing argument I think.
conscius et paratum
24 May 2013, 19:41,
Any chance of a link to avonsoft?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson
24 May 2013, 19:57,
I'd like one, but, ouch! at the prices.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
24 May 2013, 20:05,
http://www.avonsoft.com/system/index.html

Yeti URL as requested

Mary start thinking laterally, you dont need to buy a stainless steel filter system, first you go to the local bakers or cafe and scrounge two food grade plastic buckets plus lids. then you go to camping shop and blow £2.99 on a plastic tap, then you simply buy 2 or 4 filter candles from Avon soft, ten minutes later you have made your own filter.
NR

24 May 2013, 20:23,
Got one great bit of kit
Failure is NOT an option
24 May 2013, 20:41,
(24 May 2013, 20:05)NorthernRaider Wrote: http://www.avonsoft.com/system/index.html

Yeti URL as requested

Mary start thinking laterally, you dont need to buy a stainless steel filter system, first you go to the local bakers or cafe and scrounge two food grade plastic buckets plus lids. then you go to camping shop and blow £2.99 on a plastic tap, then you simply buy 2 or 4 filter candles from Avon soft, ten minutes later you have made your own filter.
NR

Thanks for the tip, NR, have bookmarked the site.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.