Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this the way to......
1 November 2011, 07:54,
RE: Is this the way to......
Cryingfreeman, Thanks for your post. I haven't found any hostility where I live. The peoople here are very friendly and there are a large number of Englishmen here, married in many cases, to local women. I have a number of friends here who are interested in Survival (5 in all), unfortunately two have health problems. If a survival situation occurs they will rely on me for treatments as I am a Herbalist and Homoeopath. I also have a Certificate in Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine. Kenneth Eames.
1 November 2011, 10:26,
A healer. One of the most sought after skills for every prepper.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
1 November 2011, 12:48,
I agree, top of the pile in any wishlist of skillsets to have post fall. Not many of us have the time or finances to leave work and study to be a doctor but there is nor reason that we can't learn some of the "old style" Herbal remedies which may in certain circumstances be of more use in a post fall world than knowing what anti-biotics to give to someone.
1 November 2011, 15:17,
Medic.Farmer, Blacksmith, Leathersmith, Weaver, Fisherman, Carpenter, Builder, Forester, I think those skills will be the new top dogs, with teachers, soldiers, apothacaries, nurses, etc second.

not sure where printers and papermarkers will go though.

1 November 2011, 17:44,
Well thank christ for that, I fall into two of the top job catagories, so I reckon I'll have something worth bartering WTSHTF
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

3 November 2011, 03:14,
i think the pecking order would be
doctor, medic, nurse, farmer, chemist, soldier,blacksmith
and we can to a fashion do the others jobs any way
to win the war, you must be willing to die
3 November 2011, 11:23, (This post was last modified: 3 November 2011, 11:25 by NorthernRaider.)
(3 November 2011, 03:14)grumpy old man Wrote: i think the pecking order would be
doctor, medic, nurse, farmer, chemist, soldier,blacksmith
and we can to a fashion do the others jobs any way

Maybe but I would put my vote for the food and fuel producers being the top dogs, those who control the grub, water fuiel and power control the rest.
So a city dwelling Journalist Politician Social worker who has an estate agency, fashion boutique and wine bar wont rule the world eh ? Smile

3 November 2011, 12:05,
NorthernRaider,
Finally we agree on something Smile
In the Long term; food production is the most important job.
However those who hold the most important job aren't necessarilty the people in charge.
It's usually the people who are hardest to replace who have the stranglehold on society.
If there are many farmers and one doctor the doctor can make demands that each farmer (assuming they don't band together) can't.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
3 November 2011, 12:40, (This post was last modified: 3 November 2011, 12:42 by NorthernRaider.)
I like people who challenge and provoke inteligent debate, its how I learn from my peers, sadly on some forums if you disagree with a moderator or owner you get banned, Not sure how that is supposed to expand our knowledge base.

(3 November 2011, 12:05)Skvez Wrote: NorthernRaider,
However those who hold the most important job aren't necessarilty the people in charge.
It's usually the people who are hardest to replace who have the stranglehold on society.
If there are many farmers and one doctor the doctor can make demands that each farmer (assuming they don't band together) can't.

(3 November 2011, 12:05)Skvez Wrote: NorthernRaider,

Why do you think I married one of the highest qualified nurses in the UK ? Smile

3 November 2011, 18:11,
I thought you married her because you loved her!!! Not because of her qualifications. Kenneth Eames.