Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Names for April Meet
14 February 2013, 21:30,
RE: Names for April Meet
Sounds pretty cool. One day when i am closer to where i want to be with kit, skills and preps i will come out to one of these meets Smile
15 February 2013, 22:31,
(14 February 2013, 21:30)SecretPrepper Wrote: Sounds pretty cool. One day when i am closer to where i want to be with kit, skills and preps i will come out to one of these meets Smile

come anyway ?? Smile

bd
16 February 2013, 20:23,
(15 February 2013, 22:31)bowdrill Wrote:
(14 February 2013, 21:30)SecretPrepper Wrote: Sounds pretty cool. One day when i am closer to where i want to be with kit, skills and preps i will come out to one of these meets Smile

come anyway ?? Smile

bd

Haha for the next few months my weekends are taken up by moving housewhich involves solicitors and frustration. but once i have that sorted i can focus more on sorting my gear etc Big Grin

I am dying to get out and use the Xbows
4 March 2013, 17:11,
Righty-ho people, the time is drawing ever closer!

So far we have on the list:

BeardyMan + wife, child and dog
Scythe +1
I.K.E +2
Mandlaka +2 (Not seen him on here for AGES, so probably not?)
Bowdrill
BJM +3 & dog
Hrusai
SD
Martin200261 +3 or 4 (same as above though, not spotted him on here for a while!)

Are there any more takers? I'm contacting the land owner this week to confirm numbers (he's still flexible though so the more the merrier)

If you want to add your name to the list, if you could copy and paste the list adding yourself to the bottom that would be great. i.e.

Quote:BeardyMan + wife, child and dog
Scythe +1
I.K.E +2
Mandlaka +2 (Not seen him on here for AGES, so probably not?)
Bowdrill
BJM +3 & dog
Hrusai
SD
Martin200261 +3 or 4 (same as above though, not spotted him on here for a while!)
NEWPERSON +103 EXTRA PEOPLE

Just to recap:

£5 per person per night

Bows ans Arrows are welcome (we'll have a little competition)

Bring us something to show and tell: Peeling animals, hunting plants, interesting prepping items you've either bought or made, you get the idea

Water containers/filters if you have them, water is available on site, but not right next to the tents, so be prepared to carry it a little way.

Solar showers might be an idea (women like to wash daily apparently?!)

FOOD! I'll bring the dixie pot so we can have a group meal, I'll go and speak to our local butcher before hand and get something nice sorted out.

Booze - everyone likes a tipple round the camp fire.

Wood if you have it, not sure there's going to be too much available (but we can always wander round the woodland and pick up any dead fall that may be dry)

And most importantly - a sense of humour Big Grin

Postcode to use for route planning is SA10 8HF so you can see roughly where we're going. I'll PM all the people coming nearer to the time with exact locations and instructions on how to find the place.
We're going to be there from Friday afternoon til Monday morning, feel free to come in for the duration, or just for a quick overnighter.

Any questions then PM me.
5 March 2013, 11:04,
Can't wait!

Will bring some cool stuff down if the wife okays it.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 March 2013, 16:23,
BeardyMan + wife, child and dog
Scythe +1
I.K.E +2
Bowdrill
BJM +3 & dog
Hrusai
SD
5 March 2013, 18:19,
Might have 2 puppies coming along. Either they're coming or the wife is looking after them.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 March 2013, 19:14,
(5 March 2013, 11:04)Scythe13 Wrote: Will bring some cool stuff down if the wife okays it.

Don't forget your armoured skull cap.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 March 2013, 04:42,
damn quite a few going, can't wait Big Grin...hopefully i will have finished my knife handle by then Smile
28 March 2013, 19:20,
looks like it will be just me coming down now

still looking forward to it