Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how can I preserve what I bake?
10 December 2012, 20:10,
RE: how can I preserve what I bake?
Hi Houndlover,

Yeah this is my next big project too! I will be using a mylar or vacuum bag with an oxygen absorber and the the bag will be going in an air tight storage container in a cool dark place.....it would be a good idea to label the bag with the date you made the biscuits and when you packed them.Wink
10 December 2012, 20:19,
(10 December 2012, 20:10)SealDriver Wrote: Hi Houndlover,

Yeah this is my next big project too! I will be using a mylar or vacuum bag with an oxygen absorber and the the bag will be going in an air tight storage container in a cool dark place.....it would be a good idea to label the bag with the date you made the biscuits and when you packed them.Wink

Yep am going to have a mammoth baking session just wish some of u were closer so I could watch and learn as I learn so much more seeing things done visually Wink
10 December 2012, 20:42,
HL have you tried cooking dog food our dog likes chicken and fish dishes. It works out cheaper than shop brought tinned dog food. Got some recipes if you want some.
Failure is NOT an option
10 December 2012, 20:44,
(10 December 2012, 20:42)uks Wrote: HL have you tried cooking dog food our dog likes chicken and fish dishes. It works out cheaper than shop brought tinned dog food. Got some recipes if you want some.

Ooh yes please am always up for different ideas my girls are fed raw but if I could jazz it up a bit that would be great Wink
17 December 2012, 18:56,
I have a great friend who was a master baker, and he tells me that if you place your biscuits in an empty biscuit tin and seal with a decent quality tape they will remain good for a year. They will keep longer but will tend to become soft. Their nutrition will gradually deteriorate after three years. He baked many biscuits that were sold in tins amongst which was Scottish Shortbread. He still makes a wonderful Christmas Cake for me each Year. I can't wait! Kenneth Eames.
18 December 2012, 01:33,
Thanks Kenneth still really interesting to read folks ideas thanks for your input much appreciated Smile