Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Changes are afoot
14 December 2012, 23:34,
RE: Changes are afoot
In fact there was an EDIT button and a DELETE button,.. both would not only be handy for editing, but also to avert any aggressive post,..often people will post something in haste for whatever reason,... then after posting they realise that maybe they shouldnt have said that,... but by then it is too late,. there is nothing that can be done.

With either, or both these buttons, confrontations have a better chance of being averted
A major part of survival is invisibility.
15 December 2012, 09:49,
(14 December 2012, 23:34)Highlander Wrote: In fact there was an EDIT button and a DELETE button,.. both would not only be handy for editing, but also to avert any aggressive post,..often people will post something in haste for whatever reason,... then after posting they realise that maybe they shouldnt have said that,... but by then it is too late,. there is nothing that can be done.

With either, or both these buttons, confrontations have a better chance of being averted

Or hide an argument and get someone else into trouble.

Having said that, I think there is probably a limited number of buttons available before the buttons line starts looking stupid and rammed with stuff.

With all that in mind, it would have saved me a load of hassle on Remembrance Day, so I do see the benefits.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 December 2012, 10:38,
spell check would be goodSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
15 December 2012, 11:52,
(15 December 2012, 10:38)Barneyboy Wrote: spell check would be goodSmile

If you use chrome browser instead of i.e it has spell checker built in. Mine only has yank.spellings though, so often makes it worse
15 December 2012, 12:16,
Spell checker sounds good. There wasn't one when I set this up but there may be now. I'll check.

I won't be enabling the EDIT and DELETE button.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 December 2012, 15:09,
(15 December 2012, 11:52)BeardyMan Wrote:
(15 December 2012, 10:38)Barneyboy Wrote: spell check would be goodSmile

If you use chrome browser instead of i.e it has spell checker built in. Mine only has yank.spellings though, so often makes it worse

Spellcheck is available in all browsers, sometimes it is just a case of switching it on. W/R to murican dictionary, you can change it to a UK one.

I would like to see italics / bold / underlined. It can be a pain to switch on in mybb but there is a thread and code download on there forum.