Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
hello from west coast scotland
17 December 2012, 14:42,
RE: hello from west coast scotland
OW DO from EAST YORKSHIRE
18 December 2012, 13:16,
RE: hello from west coast scotland
(17 December 2012, 10:38)Scythe13 Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

Doomsday Preppers is an 'interesting' watch, but since it's bringing people over to our forum and helping them get ready for what could happen, then it's a good thing.

Do you have anything in particular that you're prepping for?

For me, it's a heavy winter (like this predicted one.....that seems to be not far from a UK summer thought), and a total financial collapse that could either spring a war, street riots, hyper inflation (I love my finances haha), or it could just be like the Great Depression (that also saw the greatest increase in wealth for those that were prepared).

pretty much the same as yourself. there's only 2 main roads to where i live. one of them is always being closed due to land slides and the other has had a couple of slides too. its happened a few times now and i must confess i too was there panic buying food and fuel. not anymore though! a couple of years back when we had one of our worst ever winters, the local council ran clean out of grit too. financial collapse is another worry. being self employed, i've noticed a huge difference over the years and have had to really cut back. loads of local busineses here have "gone under" recently. yes doomsday preppers is an interesting watch. i struggle to take them seriously but it certainley got me thinking!
cheers!