Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
proposed gun laws
18 January 2013, 00:07,
RE: proposed gun laws
Makes me ashamed to share the same nationality with organic sandbags like Teresa May. Sometimes I feel like a 17th century American stuck in the body of 20th century inhabitant of the people's state of Britain. They are so ready do anything except look at the actual problem. The problem is shitty converted flare pistols and sawn-offs in the hands of inner-city criminals. The problem is our culture of drinking enough to anesthetize a herd of cattle every weekend, and thinking its a standard night out. The problem is things being banned, making them profitable to those who are willing to sell them to those who still want to buy them. We could take "dangerous" guns off the streets; allow law abiding citizens to buy them and keep them in their own home.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
18 January 2013, 11:24,
Alybear is pretty cool and her dad has a couple of shotties, so I should be okay.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
19 January 2013, 20:23,
If this is brought into law (long way off but who knows) then there is no end to where it could go next:having a SGC or FAC application turned because you got into a couple of scraps at school, having your certificates revoked after a row with a neighbour,social services grabbing your kids because you own guns.
19 January 2013, 21:43,
(19 January 2013, 20:23)Lancsprepper Wrote: If this is brought into law (long way off but who knows) then there is no end to where it could go next:having a SGC or FAC application turned because you got into a couple of scraps at school, having your certificates revoked after a row with a neighbour,social services grabbing your kids because you own guns.

FYI I knew a family who were on the same adoption / fostering course as I was who were denied a child because they were both members of a gun club.